Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extract Text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkjMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extract Text
    Posted: 27 Sep 19 at 8:38PM
Can I extract text from a .pdf using Delphi with debenu_quick_pdf_library_lite?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 19 at 5:37PM
I do not have the lite edition myself, but none of the text extraction functions are listed in the reference manual "Appendix C: Functions available in the Lite Edition".  So I assume the answer is no.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 19 at 5:49PM
I should have added that there are some simple text extraction functions in PDFIUM and there are Delphi wrappers available for that. Google will find some. It is a little more work to put together than the functions in the full Quick PDF library, however.  But if that is all you need do with PDFs, it may suffice.
dkjMusic View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkjMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 19 at 9:22PM
Many thanks. I'll take a look at PDFium.
dkjMusic View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkjMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 19 at 2:43AM
I downloaded https://github.com/ahausladen/PdfiumLib. Is there a place I can ask questions for the library?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 19 at 10:30AM
Probably not here! This a QPDF users forum. I only mentioned an alternative solution because it seemed to me that you were not going to be interested in buying a full-featured library.  You will find QPDF users here helpful, but on the subject of QPDF.  And using the full QPDF gets you all the documentation, support and assistance you need.  If you choose something from Github you are dependent on the resources there and the official PDFIUM documentation, and your own skills, of course.
dkjMusic View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkjMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 19 at 2:49PM
Thanks again. You have been very helpful steering me in the right direction.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 19 at 10:06PM
Hi DKJ,

if you have questions regarding the pdfium lib you can enter this developer forum:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pdfium

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic