Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I get a trial licence key

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get a trial licence key
    Posted: 16 Sep 19 at 8:41PM
How do I get a licence key so I can try this out?

I downloaded 1613 for Windows but I cannot find the trial licence key.  There was no setup or exe and the the TRIAL_LICENCE txt file was nowhere to be found in the zip file the download link took me to.  
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 19 at 10:12PM
Hi Melvin,

from where you've done the download?
This should be the right place:
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/trial/

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 19 at 1:14PM
That is where I downloaded it.  I filled in the form, I was emailed a link and followed the link in the email.

Unfortunate that there is no licence key.  Already blew an afternoon trying to get this working :(
mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 19 at 1:27PM
I downloaded the version for Mac and this one does have a key (seems they forgot it in the Windows download) however the Mac key doesn't unlock the Windows DLL...
mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 19 at 1:50PM
The downloads for all versions but Windows have the key, but they all fail to unlock the DLL.  The trial licence says the key is valid until June 2019.  Expired already?

Edited by mlegge - 17 Sep 19 at 2:23PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 19 at 5:38PM
please show your relevant code snippet.
Perhaps you're doing something wrong?
What is LastErrorCode telling you after Loading a file?

Cheers,
Ingo

mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 19 at 5:59PM
Thanks for your reply Ingo.  We had been using version 8.x of the QuickPDF DLL and I downloaded v16.13.  I simply replaced the instance of QuickPDFDLL0811 QP; with the new DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1613 QP;
I added the DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1613.cpp to my project, copied the DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1613 dll into my project directory and replaced the UnLockDll string with the trial version key I extracted from the MAC download:
bool unlocked = QP.UnlockKey(L"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")

The code worked with the 8.11 DLL using our commercial key but fails to Unlock with the 1613 DLL using the trial key.

If I step through the code in the debugger I can see that the DLL loads, all the entry points for the DLL methods are found and returned properly but then the Unlock fails.

Windows &, Borland C++ Builder 6

Edited by mlegge - 17 Sep 19 at 6:54PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 19 at 10:29PM
again: You should try the function LastErrorCode directly after the Unlock.
If this doesn't give you new ideas you should ask the technical support.
Perhaps the trial key for MAC is different to the one for Windows?

https://www.debenu.com/support/contact/

Cheers,
Ingo

mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 19 at 4:14PM
Again, thanks for your reply. 
LastErrorCode returns 0
I did contact support before I even posted to this forum but no reply in two days.  At this point I do not see a way forward.  Seems they dropped the ball on the Windows release of 1613.

Anyway, thanks for responding
Mel
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 19 at 7:10PM
What means "dropped the ball"?
Today version 17.11 is released.

BTW: This here is a user/user-forum.
If here isn't a user reading who has made the same problems you'll never get an answer here - so again: Try the official link for technical probs.

Edited by Ingo - 18 Sep 19 at 7:14PM
Cheers,
Ingo

mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 19 at 7:16PM
Thanks Ingo

As I said, I tried the official channels (support and sales) but zero response (still). 

I was hoping someone on here had run into the same issue.  Apparently not, since you are the only one that has responded.

Maybe I will try v17 to see if I have any better luck.
mlegge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mlegge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 19 at 2:11PM
Update:Support got back to me this morning with a trial key for v17.  All good now.

Thanks for your replies.
Mel
danglez83 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danglez83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 19 at 1:58PM
Originally posted by mlegge mlegge wrote:

Update:Support got back to me this morning with a trial key for v17.  All good now.

Thanks for your replies.
Mel

Congratulations! This company never replies; been waiting on a support request for LITERALLY 3 years. We actually gave up and decided to see if the latest version included a fix, but we have been waiting for a trial license key for 6 days - can't get a response out of them! What a joke.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic