Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with 5.14 DCU’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennistom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with 5.14 DCU’s
    Posted: 19 Mar 06 at 4:09PM

When I try to use the 5.14 dcu's I receive the following message:  "file not found ...uiSEDQuickPDF.pas" when I compile any application.

When I replace the DCU's with version 5.11 I am able to compile.

I am using DCU version contained in QPDFv514-DCU-D7.zip.

I have Delphi 7 - Build 8.1

I get this error with existing applications and when I create a new application and add "uiSEDQuickPDF" to the uses clause.

tennistom View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennistom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 06 at 10:23PM

After many hours of research I am reasonably certain something is wrong with the DCU's.

I found numerous posting on the internet stating the kind of problem I am having usually happens when trying to link in DCU's compiled with a different compiler version.

The first 4 bytes of the DCU determine the version.

The values for Delphi 7 are:  DF 00 00 0F

The values for DCU's included in QPDFv514-DCU-D7.zip are : DF 00 00 FF.

I tested other DCU's compiled by my Delphi 7 compiler and their values were: DF 00 00 0F.

Here are some links where I found information:

http://www.delphipraxis.net/topic25740.html

http://www.delphipraxis.net/topic21111_spinnt+mein+compiler.html&highlight=dcu

Edited by tennistom
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 3:28AM
Hi!
Sorry for that.
I don't have d7 - so this dcus are not from me.
Perhaps here another guy with a source-license and d7 for helping us?
Best regards,
Ingo

phora View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 5:01AM

Hi.

Sorry for this Stupid question: where's the 5.14 version ??????

On ISed's site I can see only the 5.11 one

Thanks

Regards.
Andrea
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 7:47AM
Hi Andrea!

Have a look at "Library Download" ...
If you don't see there anything change the range to "All".

Best regards,
Ingo
phora View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 8:15AM

Hi Ingo

Thanks very much: nothing for Delphi 4 ?

If so, I have to move to the DLL version  ...

Bye

Regards.
Andrea
tennistom View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennistom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 8:44AM

I would be happy to contribute and join the quickpdf.org team.  I can do the Delphi 7 builds.  Tell me how I can join the team and I will.  You can send me an email directly if you want.

I think the current DCU's were compiled with the Free Version of Delphi 7.  That is why they are not compatible.

PDFman View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDFman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 10:02AM

Hi,
I have the source and D7.

I can send the .dcu files to a mail address.

Cheers.
/Stefan

tennistom View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennistom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 06 at 10:14AM

That would be great.

Thanks.

tomsuhler@codethatworks.com

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 5:12AM
Hi Stefan!
That would be great!
Please do it and send the complete dcus (incl. res-files) as zip to Michel (K-17) - so anybody can download it in the near future from here.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
Ingo
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 5:15AM
Hi Tom!

If you want to join using a site-license you should read here:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=331&PN=1

Best regards,
Ingo
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 5:28AM
I'm sorry. The DCUs were compiled with D7.1. I really forgot that I had installed that version. I think I'm getting old...
tennistom View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennistom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 8:47AM

Jan, I am still having some problems with the DCU's Stefan compiled.

If you have the full version of Delphi 7 can you compile them and forward them on to me?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 10:25AM
Hi Jan!

...and to Michel, please ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 11:10AM
I have to find a computer first on which I can install the "real" D7. I'll try to do that tomorrow.
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 06 at 2:16AM
   The current DCUs that are posted for v5.14 D7 are from me. I use Delphi 7.0. All I did is create a zip file with all of the DCU's in the zip.

Since I am not a Delphi person, that's the best I could do. Are there any files I should have included?

I did receive new D7 DCU's from Stephan, so I added those to the download area. Hopefully that will work better. I have idendified that one as D7 "alternate". You can download that one from [here].

Cheers!

Michel

Edited by Michel_K17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic