Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrade Protection that means nothing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlavigne2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade Protection that means nothing
    Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 9:55PM
Are there others who licensed PDF Viewer 12, paid for upgrade protection that are now being asked to pay $1997.50 for the comparable version of Viewer 13 (I had annotation processing in my Viewer 12 app so I have to have the Pro Version)?  I just got my notice that for the software and protection, they want $1997.50 - that is a whole $400 of the list price - so if you subtract the $125 I paid for the upgrade protection, I have a discount for $275 (less than 15%) for being a current Debenu customer.  Foxit blows

jlavigne2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlavigne2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 10:04PM
PS - I was dealing with a lady named - am I talking to the wrong person?

Bonnie Northey
   Sales and Business Development Manager,
   International
   debenu.com | bonnie.northey@debenu.com
   linkedin.com/in/bonnienorthey
   Mobile: +1 (204) 292 4961

mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 16 at 12:51AM
If you are refering to this page:
http://www.debenu.com/store/buy-activex-pdf-sdk-upgrade/

So I do not understand you as you are talking about upgrading from 
PDF Viewer 12
to
"Upgrade Single Developer License for ActiveX PDF SDK Professional"

Which is different product technologies.
Did you read documentation for "
ActiveX PDF SDK Professional" ?
This is quite different ActiveX object.

If you want just simple to upgrade from PDF Viewer 12 to PDF Viewer 13, then you should focus on 
"Upgrade Single Developer License for ActiveX PDF SDK Basic"

This is my observation.
Here you can find description how to test my examples:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2932&PID=12600&title=drawcapturedpagematrix-matrix-howto#12600
jlavigne2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlavigne2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 16 at 7:10PM
Dear mLipok
I have reason to doubt that Basic is the same as Viewer 12 - the feature chart references annotations as only being available in pro - plus the high speed feature needs Standard or Pro.  My app loves the speed of 12 (is basic as fast as 12?) and needs annotations so I am worried.  
I have taken the time to load 13 (what a pain manually registering 13 and then reregistering 12.11) and was able to load and view images but I have encountered a parameter bug in 13 basic ( possibly the same bug that was in the first release of 12 - ask Matus if he is still around) so I cannot verify functionality.
However, I have been able to verify that the quality of the image displayed in 13 Basic is much lower than in 12 or in Acrobat.   If you  email me at jay@i-legal.com I would be happy to send you a JPG with all three images stacked so you can see that 13 is not antialiasing (or is it aliasing - I am confused).  Perhaps there is a switch I missed but I could not find quality or aliasing in the manual so I am stumped.
Anyways, nothing would please me more than being able to us Basic and get what I got from 12 but currently, I cannot verify that.  The one thing I can verify is that the images in 13 Basic, in the default mode, are completely unacceptable.

Jay

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 16 at 8:58PM
Hi,

with QuickPDF-version 13 (the first Foxit-supported version) there's a new rendering option: "New PDFium rendering support". Additionally there is still GDI+ and Cairo and all this combined with special optimizations like AGG-optimization (for example). If the version 13 for QP is the same technical standard as Viewer 13 then rendering engines and their standard use and optimizations can be the key for a better quality while rendering.  

Cheers,
Ingo

mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 16 at 10:03PM
I have active QPDFLib13 licence, so I'll be able to check Viewer 13 Evaluation version in the comming days.
I dont do that so far as I was very busy before and after my vacation time :)

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2932&PID=12600&title=drawcapturedpagematrix-matrix-howto#12600
jlavigne2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlavigne2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 2:52PM
Ingo, would you be able to provide specific function examples (code examples would be great) of accessing the different rendering engines.   I have a very simple 13 Basic viewer form that works but I am having trouble figuring out how to change rendering.  Thanks for patience.

Jay
jlavigne2 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlavigne2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 3:42PM
Mlipok - I have done some additional experimentation and realize that the the calls to any of the DQPL functions generate a parameter error although calls to non DQPL methods such as setzoom seem to work. (in Basic - DQPL calls work in 12)

Speed - when dealing with scanned PDFs (rather than files rendered to PDF) - 13 Basic is much slower.

Also the quality of the displayed scanned image is really awful compared to 12.  (I think my first pass on this was with rendered images which were still degraded but not awful)

2 Favors -  please verify that DQPL calls in Basic are not supposed to work?

Stop telling people that those of us with Viewer 12 should accept 13 Basic as the same program.

So sad that Foxit is involved.

Jay

mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 3:55PM
As I said before I haven't time jet for check  Viewer 13.
I was just saying what I was able to read and understand on Debenu main page.

If you test it and you are talking that there are such changes, then I must to check it to confirm your information or ask more questions.

Which exatly calls you mean ?
Can you give me some examples of your not working code ? Even few lines which shows where the error is fired.

About:
"Speed - when dealing with scanned PDFs (rather than files rendered to PDF) - 13 Basic is much slower."

If I remeber well, there was a time when I have similar problems. I must check if I solve it or not.

About:
"Also the quality of the displayed scanned image is really awful compared to 12.  (I think my first pass on this was with rendered images which were still degraded but not awful)"

I must check it.

Edited by mLipok - 07 Sep 16 at 3:57PM
mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 5:23PM
Thanks to jlavigne2 file which I get on my email I can confirm that I also notice speed down.

And I can confirm that:

$oDPVS.DQPLNormalizePage(0)
in Viewer 12.12 works correctly
and 
in Viewer 13.11.2.0 I get "Invalid number of parameters"

Also:
$oDPVS.DQPLSetGDIPlusOptions(3, 0)
only in Viewer 13.11.2.0 I get this error: "This parameter is not optional."

I just also try:
$oDPVS.DQPLAnnotationCount
and only in Viewer 13.11.2.0 I get this error: "This parameter is not optional."

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 16 at 10:32PM
The 13er version is the first with foxit-influence ;-)
You should post this prob here:
http://www.debenu.com/support/contact/
Perhaps the time will come and anybody from Debenu/Foxit will have a look on it...

Cheers,
Ingo

mLipok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mLipok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 16 at 10:40PM
Yesterday I already sent a report to: support@debenu.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic