Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unwanted square boxes between characters in form
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unwanted square boxes between characters in form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unwanted square boxes between characters in form
    Posted: 25 Mar 16 at 12:44AM
I have a .Pdf form that was made using Adobe.  The form fields always contain a little square between each letter, if I use a variable width font.  The form fields aways contain a blank space (one character wide) between each character, if the font is set to a fixed width font.

I always set the font of the form fields to either:

- Courier New
- Helvetica
- Times Roman 

Because of these extra squares or spaces between the characters of the form fields, the form looks bad when viewed in QuickPDF library because the contents of the form field are way too wide for the field and get cut off.

However, when I view the form in any commercial .Pdf viewer, the characters do not have  a space or square between them, and the text fits properly.

What am I doing wrong that these extra squares or spaces are being added to my form fields when viewed in Quick PDF Library version 10.13  ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 16 at 2:50PM
Hi 27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b from Mars ;-)

it's a pitty that we don't have access to the relevant pdf-document.
I think this issue will have to do with unicode-/string-format or some strange fonts.
The one creating the form had also determined the font-properties for the formfields.
There are many possible reasons for the described issue.
You can't compare the view mb from QuickPDF or the viewer sdk with a 100-mb-installation of a main pdf-reader ;-)
Perhaps you're able to give more details for a better help?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic