Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't run the samples provided

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajtruckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't run the samples provided
    Posted: 23 Nov 15 at 4:47PM
Hi

I am running windows 64 bit (windows 10).

I used a command prompt with admin rights to register the 64 bit dll. I have also tried registering the 32 bit dll.

Both say that they register OK.

I have also copied the VBS files into a different folder.

The vbs files are associated with the script exe file.

I have verified with regedit that HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT has entries for the PDF routines.

Yet, when I double click the VBS files it shows the popup but then fails to create an object.

All of them. I have tried rebooting.

Andrew
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 15 at 9:28PM
Hi Andrew,

Regarding registering please keep in mind that on 64-bit-systems: 
regsvr32.exe from the system32-path is for 64-bit-dlls.
For my understanding it's impossible (where should be the sense?) to register a 32-bit-dll on a 64-bit-system.
You can work with an 32-bit-dll on a 64-bit-system as well but without registering it.
Only copying into the syswow64-path (yes... it's for 32-bit-dlls on 64-bit-systems).
I think the main problem are the locations of dll and vbs.

Cheers, Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

ajtruckle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajtruckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 15 at 9:37PM
Hi

Yes, I eventually realised that the registered DLL was the 64 bit.

When I was trying with C# I had it set to "Any CPU". As soon as I set it to "x64" it worked OK.

But as mentioned in another thread, I am not sure I can use this library as I was hoping to fill in form fields.

Andrew
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 15 at 8:48PM
Hi Andrew,

if the lite-version won't offer these functionality you should try the 30-days-testversion with the reg-key.

Cheers, Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic