Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - QuickPDF v11.13  - PDF/A compliance mode problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QuickPDF v11.13 - PDF/A compliance mode problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QuickPDF v11.13 - PDF/A compliance mode problem
    Posted: 05 Feb 15 at 3:04PM
Hello,

I try to keep PDF/A 1b compliance mode for a PDF file, after adding some custom informations. It's working fine with QuickPDF v9.14 or v10.13 but not with the last version 11.13 (for the same PDF/A file).

Any idea?

alinux

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 15 at 9:42AM
alinux,

Do you have any error messages that could help us.

Also is it possible to send us the 3 files from each version so we can compare them and hopefully see what has changed.

You may want to create a support case so the files are not made public using the following link

http://www.debenu.com/support/contact/

Andrew.
alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 15 at 3:40PM
Hello Andrew,

There is no error message, it's only PDF/A compliance mode that is lost after adding the custom metadata and is no way to get it back (even using setPDFAMode fuction).

I'll post you via support link the original PDF file and the 3  tests.

Thank you.

alinux
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 15 at 9:57PM
Hi,

perhaps 11.13 is a bit more accurate than the versions before? ...and that's good ;-)
I don't think that the idea behind PDF/A would like some "special" CUSTOM metadata?

Cheers, Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 15 at 9:20AM
Hello Ingo,

The big problem is that i'll lost the PDF/A compliance mode after adding some normal custom metadata like names, dates (yyyymmdd format), boolean flags and there is no issue to set PDF/A compliance mode after that.

It's only data with no presentation, or special characters/fonts (that will force me to save the font in the pdf file if I want to keep PDF/A compliance mode), so I don't see why the PDF/A mode is impacted by that.

For now, I must use 2 different versions of QuickPDF to adding metatdata (9.14 or 10.13) for keeping PDF/A mode, and the last one (11.13) to linearise the PDF file. It will be great if I can use only the last one to do everything.

Cheers,
alinux
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 15 at 9:26AM
Hi Alinux,

here's an online checker regarding pdfa-compliance and the different versions:
What's the answer there?

Cheers, Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 15 at 9:30AM
Hi Ingo,

I've tested the 3 tests result files (v9.14,v10.13,v11.13 of QuickPDF).

Here is the result for the last one (v11.13):

QuickPDF - v11.13.pdf does not conform to PDF/A.

Validating file "QuickPDF - v11.13.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1b
Anonymous RDF resources (rdf:Description without rdf:about attribute) are not allowed in XMP Metadata.
xmp:CreateDate :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'Date'.
The required XMP property 'pdfaid:part' is missing.
The required XMP property 'pdfaid:conformance' is missing.
The XMP property 'xmp:CreatorTool' is not synchronized with the document information entry 'Creator'.
The XMP property 'xmp:CreateDate' is not synchronized with the document information entry 'CreationDate'.
The XMP property 'pdf:Producer' is not synchronized with the document information entry 'Producer'.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
Done.

I think there is a problem. the same result in 32/64 bit of ActiveX.

Cheers,
alinux

alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 15 at 9:33AM
Hi Ingo,

I sended the 4 files (original PDF/A and the tests result - same metadatas for each test) via support link to Debenu.

For the 9.14 and 10.13 version of QuickPDF everithing's ok.

Cheers,
alinux
alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 15 at 2:00PM
Hello,

Bug confirmed?

alinux
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic