Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Compiled versions for 5.13

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compiled versions for 5.13
    Posted: 01 Feb 06 at 4:37AM
My dear users of the site-license!

Perhaps someone who's working with Delphi 6 or Delphi 7 can compile new DCUs for 5.13? Please send it as a zip to Michel (K17) for our download-section.
Thanks in advance!

JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 06 at 6:26AM
E-Mail is on the way...
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 06 at 6:56AM
Hi Jan!

Thanks a lot!
To all: Jan had sent DCUs for delphi 7.
So if there's still someone out there with delphi 6... ;-)

Edited by Ingo
cjmt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 06 at 9:00AM

I can try to generate the DCU's for D6.

But right now, under D6 Pro, unit uPDFDecimalSeparator doesn't compile:

Undeclared identificer: 'TFormatSettings'

Undeclared identifier: 'GetLocaleFormatSettings'

Any idea? Meanwhile, I'll do some testing...

Cheers.

cjmt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 06 at 10:05AM

Well, it seems that TFormatSettings is a wrapper record to contain sysutils variables such as: CurrencyFormat, NegCurrFormat, ShortDateFormat, etc... it probably can be solved by using some precompiler defines and recreate the TFormatSettings record manually under the D6 compiler.

Problem is, it might affect other parts of the source, e.g.:

[uPDFExtra]
FloatToStr(Value, PDFFormatSettings) isn't valid under D6!
{...too many actual parameters...}

I'll keep researching...

C.

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 06 at 12:19PM
...well, that's too bad. I am wondering how many people are still using D6.

Anyway, I finally added the D7 DCU's to the download area. (thank you Jan!) The downloads are located [here] (password required to enter).

As a reminder: you need to provide me or Ingo a copy, by e-mail, of the smallest pascal file (xxxxx.pas) from the source code that you own as proof that you purchased the source code, and we will provide you with the password. This is because the source code bypasses the UnlockKey function.

Edited by Michel_K17
cjmt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 5:53AM

So I guess you mean that this group is dropping D6 compatibility?

JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 6:57AM
cjmt,

Don't be afraid. I'll modify the source this week to keep the libary compatible to lower versions of Delphi. I think we should release version 5.13b after that.
cjmt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 06 at 8:30AM

Jan,

Thats great news!
Personally I still use D6, as I didn't had the need for higher versions until now, under win32.

I'll be more than happy to do test the changes you'll implement under D6, if you like.

Regards.

JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 06 at 3:27AM
cjmt,

A first version is on its way to Ingo and Michel. They are able to make it available on this website - provided that the code is okay... :)

Can you provide me your email adress? I will send you the two changed units, so you can test with D6.
cjmt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 06 at 4:37AM

Hi Jan,

Sure can: cjmteixeira (at) mail (dot) pt

Thanks.

cjmt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjmt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 06 at 7:38AM

Compiles correctly now, Jan.
Thanks a lot.
DCU's on its way.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 06 at 3:27PM
Hi!
We've got the DCUs.
Thanks a lot from ALL forum users to Jan and Cris.
The new versions for Delphi will be online soon.
Cheers,
Ingo

hbarclay View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbarclay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 06 at 1:12PM
Ingo,

Even though I have the source, I have been reluctant to participate in this project because of the possible legal complications if the owners suddenly decide to show up. However I would like to keep up with the improvements/bug fixes that are being made so I will at least know what I am missing out on.

Is there a list of enhancements for the new versions posted somewhere?

Thanks
Harry Barclay
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 06 at 11:30AM
Harry,

Please send me the smallest Pascal source code file from the library. If that file matches my expectations, then I will send you the password to the download section of the web site where you will be able to read the changes in the future.

Currently, v5.13 contains the following changes (compared to v5.11):

Type: BUG FIX

* Description: Fixed Original code which was causing a loss of 8 bytes on every call. Added line "FColorManager.Free;"
    * Unit:uPDFImageDecoder.pas approx Line:1300
    * Procedure: TPDFImageDecoder.SetColorManager
    * Change: Added FColorManager.Free;
    * Author: swb1

Type: BUG FIX (added at v5.12)

* Description: Fixed temporary jpg files created in the "Program Files\PDF reDirect\bin" folder when printing a PDF. The offending code was found around line 1046 of v5.11 of uPDFImageDecoder.pas and commented-out.
    * Unit:uPDFImageDecoder.pas approx Line:1046
    * Procedure: TPDFImageDecoder.LoadJPEG
    * Change: Commented out Code.
    * Author: JanN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic