Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enlarge PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enlarge PDF
    Posted: 26 Jan 06 at 2:55PM
We are posting pdf's for a newspaper site.  However, they have saved the PDF's ( several years worth ) in 8.5 in. x 11 in. format. 
This causes the viewer to have to ZOOM every load to read any of the articles.

What would be the best approach to read those in and save them back to 11 in. x 17 in. or is that even possible

To Err is to try. To fail is to err and not try again
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 06 at 3:55PM
Hi!

You can setup the zoom factor of the document when it's open...
SetOpenActionDestination

StanMarshall View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StanMarshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 06 at 3:55PM

some quick thoughts off the top of my head...

i don't think the solution is to change the size of the paper, but rather the document's default viewing options. there are two issues.

1. changing from 8.5x11 to 11x17 changes the aspect ratio of the page. you would have to redo the layout of the content in order to use the extra space. (even if the aspect ratio were the same, changing the page size would not cause the content to scale to fit the new page size.)

2. how big the content appears on the screen is not a function of the size of the page, but rather the default viewing options. (in acrobat 5.0, you can set them via DocumentProperties|Open Options|Magnification)

so, you might want to look for a way to set the default viewing options rather than change the page size. i'm not sure if there is a QuickPDF function to let you do this or not.

if not, maybe try playing around with SetOpenActionJavaScript or SetOpenActionMenu to have the PDFs automatically zoom themselves whenever they are opened.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic