Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Text selection with mouse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Text selection with mouse
    Posted: 12 Sep 13 at 10:40AM
ginidat,

The two functions you have mentioned would provide the basics.  What language are you using ?

Here are some links to give you some low levels hints on how to do what you need.

You should find something relevant here in these search results.

Andrew.

ginidat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginidat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 12:35PM
Hello and Thank you for your replies!

My mistake: I did not really believe that there is a build in function!
And: I don't want to compare with full featured pdf reader/viewer!

I ambition was to get a hint for a "how to".

Your approach, Ingo is the thing!
Thank you very much!

Cheers, Gini
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 8:51AM
ginidat,

Debenu Quick PDF Library doesn't not have any functions designed to interact with the GUI / Mouse.

It is possible to create such an editor with QPL but it does take a little bit of work.

Andrew.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 13 at 8:35AM
Hi Gini!

You can get textcontent from a determined section of a page by doing the exraction with position data and then selecting the pixel-coordinates you want.
The combination with mouse-activities isn't a built-in-functionality.
The comparison with acrobat and co isn't fair - on one side there's an acrobat-installation with more then 100 mb and on the other side there's the small quickpdf-lib ;-)
The solution should be anywhere by drawing onto canvas and then dealing with mousemove... mouseclick...

Cheers, Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

ginidat View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginidat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 13 at 12:55PM
hello!

I've looked through the whole forum - maybe I've missed it, but:

how can I display a PDF and the user is able to select text with pressed mouse button
like allmost any reader (acrobat, pdf exchange viewer, ...) can?

I stuck to find the right function of the lib.
renderPage delivers only a bitmap with rendered text without any information where the text is located; ExtractPageTextBlocks delivers only the text without any "visual" context.

Do you have any hint?
That would be really great!
Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic