Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tagging images for external color correction.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tagging images for external color correction.
    Posted: 12 Sep 13 at 11:21AM
perrstep,

Are you referring to the Colourspaces and their definition.

Have you looked at the GetPageColorSpaces function.  It might be possible to add an obj number to the output of this function but I would need to know if this is what you are needing ?

Andrew.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 13 at 7:23AM
Hi!

Things like this (object numbers) i'm doing by my own.
Saving the loaded pdf decrypted.
Then searching/counting inside the stream for obj-tags.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

perrstep View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote perrstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 13 at 8:18PM
Hi,

The company I work for has a client who requires us to provide a manifest of images that need color correction before printing in the PDF files we produce them.

That manifest has to refer to the actual object number that identifies those objects in the PDF files (eg the "obj" tag in the PDF spec.)

I would need some advice or ideas on how to accomplish that.

I started by looking for functions that return object numbers.  The only trick I found to retrieve an object number was to call GetObjectCount immediately after having added an image with AddImageFromFile.  That seemed to return the object number that is used in the PDF file.  Am I right in assuming this?

But to complicate things further, we are merging PDF files together before handing them to our customer.  The object numbers that I collected earlier don't survive a merge.

So I thought I could tag image objects with some metada just like what we can do today with SetDocumentMetadata, so I could recuperate that information after all our PDFs are merged. But I found nothing to do that.  Is it possible to add this functionnality?

Also, is it possible to add functions to navigate easily from image ID to object number in the PDF file?

Thanks in advance you for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic