Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asymmetrical DPI Rendering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asymmetrical DPI Rendering
    Posted: 23 Sep 12 at 10:18PM
Anything on the horizon for asymmetrical DPI rendering?
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 12 at 8:46AM
I am wondering why you you need asymmetrical DPI rendering for ?  Fax images ?

Andrew.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 12 at 11:58AM
I would be interested in this feature also.  For fax images.  204x196 can be approximated with 200x200, but to create a low-resolution 204x98 you can usually get better quality going direct than converting high to low.
Eric24 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 12 at 2:25PM
Yes, that's correct. It's subtle, but rendering a fax at 200x200 or 200x100 causes just enough distortion to cause problems. I've experimented with things like rendering at very high resolution (i.e. 400x400 or 600x600) and then resizing the resulting image to 204x196. That actually works reasonably well, but the overhead of rendering such a large file makes it unusably slow.

As-is, the RenderPageToFile or RenderDocumentToFile functions are ideal for my purpose, with the one exception of the single DPI parameter. If it had DPIX and DPIY, I'd be golden!

PS - I'm assuming that using the RenderPageToFile function on a multi-page document that's already been loaded into memory doesn't have to "re parse" the entire PDF file for each call to RenderPageToFile?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic