Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not show sign in PDF Reader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not show sign in PDF Reader
    Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 11:30AM
Hi,
When I sign a pdf document with one or more fields, the sign is not visible in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Why ?

Thanks
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 11:38AM
Hi cmx,

Do you have a sample PDF that you can post for us to examine to see the status of the signature in the PDF?

Cheers,
- Rowan.
cmx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 11:57AM
http://www.cmxsrl.it/tsigned.pdf
this is the file
Thanks
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 1:42PM
Hi!

The other thing:
What's the returning value after signing?
Can you post the relevant code snippet
regarding signing?

Cheers and welcome here, Ingo
cmx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 2:08PM
OpenPassword = ""
    SignatureFieldName = "FIRMA"
    PFXFileName = "Y:\scansioni\Sistema.pfx"
    PFXPassword = "****"
    Reason = "Verifica di Conformità"
    Location = "****"
    ContactInfo = "****"

ReturnValue = QPDF.SignFile(FileName, OpenPassword, SignatureFieldName, FileNameSign, PFXFileName, PFXPassword, Reason, Location, ContactInfo)
   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use VB6 and the ReturnValue is 1.

The PDF File contains a field.

Thanks
cmx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 12 at 2:21PM
help me!!! Please!!
Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 12 at 11:55PM
My company signs PDFs and we have no problems, but we don't pass an existing field name to the function. Also, the way QuickPDF signs files is often what you aren't expecting. To tell if a signature exists in Adobe Reader, the menu option Documents->Sign->"Validate All Signatures"  will be enabled. If is not enabled, then something is wrong with your arguments to the function.
cmx View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 9:07AM
Hi,
Thanks, but not function. 
I don't understand why if i don't insert the module field the signature is showen right in Adobe PDF Reader. Otherwise when I have inserted the module field and then signature the file the is not showen.

Thanks
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 12 at 12:29PM
I have found the same as you (in build 9.12).  When you name an existing field of type signature in the SignFile function, the signing is reported as successful but the field disappears, and the signature fails to show up, in the output file.  I have opened a support case on this.  As far as I can see, signing only works correctly if the named field does NOT exist.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic