Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merging Multiple PDF Documents

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UltimateService Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merging Multiple PDF Documents
    Posted: 28 Mar 12 at 6:31PM
I have a client that has hundreds of PDF files in a "production" folder. Consider each of these documents as a "procedure" that needs to be performed for a given job in their factory. They want a tool that can help them bring all of the appropriate procedures together into one PDF document, depending on the job.

Here is a typical situation:

\Production folder
PDF-A
PDF-B
PDF-C
PDF-D
PDF-E

JOB-1 needs the following PDFs combined in the following order: 
PDF-A
PDF-C
PDF-E
PDF-B

JOB-2 needs the following PDFs combined in the following order: 
PDF-D
PDF-C

JOB-3 needs the following PDFs combined in the following order: 
PDF-A
PDF-E
PDF-B

...and so on...

Any thoughts on how to best accomplish this task? Are there any tools out there that already do this? If we have to build it, we can, but if there is something out there already, we are all ears...

Thanks!

UltimateService View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UltimateService Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 12:29PM
I hear crickets... 

Seeing no input from the crowd, I assume the message is "start writing the application"...

Anyone else out there need an application like this???
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 12 at 4:38AM

Here is the simple Quick PDF Library Code.  The hard part is programming the rules you require.

QP.ClearFileList("test");

QP.AddToFileList("test", "1-1805B663 data.pdf");
        QP.AddToFileList("test", "1805B results.pdf");
        QP.AddToFileList("test", "som0102a.pdf");
        QP.AddToFileList("test", "c3639-03DL.pdf");
        QP.AddToFileList("test", "c3639-04.pdf");
        QP.MergeFileList("test", "merged.pdf");

UltimateService View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UltimateService Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 12 at 12:04PM
Thanks for the reply, AndrewC!

Yes, I recognize that the QP stuff is the easy part... That's why I was asking if anyone out there had run across a need for an application such as that which I am describing.

I can see lots of utility use for such an application, I was just hoping someone else had already taken the time to develop one so I don't have to!

Still dreaming of a "quick" solution...

Edited by UltimateService - 04 Apr 12 at 12:05PM
isyscorp View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isyscorp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 12 at 5:56AM
Hi Guys,

It's been a month dreaming too of this quick solution, i have a very simple problem.... merging 1 or more PDF files using Delphi. Been talking to support teams and forums regarding this matter... they always tell me READ THIS - READ THAT. Most of them give parameter or theoretical syntax.. #$%^^#%%%@%#@#.... :( 

Sigh... can anyone really just give a very simple sample program to do this please... I am kindly loosing confidence... thanks much!

Vid
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 12 at 6:28PM
Hi Vid!

I think this sample from Wheeley is VERY EASY:
AddToFileList (myfiles,1.pdf)
AddToFileList (myfiles,2.pdf)
AddToFileList (myfiles,3.pdf)
mergefilelist(myfiles,combined.pdf)
What you want more?!
Here you've written that your problem is fixed now:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2391&PID=10073&title=merging-2-or-more-pdf-files-into-One-pdf-file#10073
So what you're writing about a dream?!

I'm wondering... i'm wondering,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic