Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A/V error using IsAnnotFormField

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rackerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A/V error using IsAnnotFormField
    Posted: 27 Oct 11 at 6:41PM
I just received this report from one of my developers using QuickPDF Library 8 in our Delphi 7 project:

"As I mentioned on the phone, QuickPDF (QPDF) identifies form fields as annotations, specifically as Widgets. There is a function called IsAnnotFormField which tells us if the "annotation" is actually a form field. When I first tried IsAnnotFormField, I got an Access Violation whenever I checked a form field. Turns out the access violation appeared because QPDF's internal field list had not been initialized."

My guy was trying to directly access a field that was known to exist on the form. The only way he saw to get around the error was to first call FormFieldCount which seems to initialize the internal data structure representing form fields; without this call, the list that references the form fields doesn't appear to get initialized. Shouldn't QuickPDF initialize its internal lists without the need for us to call this method? Or is there something we missed?

Thank you.
Rich
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 11 at 10:55PM
Hi Rich!

This here is a user-user-forum.
If you miss functionalities you should post it on the official support pages.
My opinion:
Yes you're right but in real life this doesn't matter 'cause you're using FormFieldCount first to check if there are formfields?

Cheers, Ingo

rackerson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rackerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 11 at 11:20PM
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize this wasn't the official support pages or I would have posted to them instead.
You are correct. In real life our code would check if there were form fields first before attempting to access them. Nevertheless I will contact support about a better way to initialize fields.

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 7:04AM
This has been fixed in the 8.13 beta released yesterday.

Andrew.
rackerson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rackerson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 11 at 1:25PM
Thanks for being so responsive!

I will download the beta now to test.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic