Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

System Requirements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System Requirements
    Posted: 04 Dec 05 at 1:52AM

What are the general system requirements for a QuickPDF project to run successfully on anther machine.

I have the full Acrobat (v7.0 pro) installed and have no problems running my project.  However, when I moved the project to another machine that only has Reader v5.0, the pages produced were blank.

In my code, I am opening a pdf form file, filling in field information, then saving the file under another name.  I am then using shellexecute to print the new file.

This works perfectly on my machine, but only produces and, subsequently, prints a blank page.  When I use Reader on the other machine to read the produced file, it is blank.  The original file can be opened and forms filled in using Reader.

Thanks.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 05 at 3:59PM
Hi!
I think this has nothing to do with QuickPDF. I think the problem is how the pdf-file (with the blank pages) was created.
Cheers,
Ingo

unified View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 05 at 6:45PM

Hmm...  This is a snippet of what I did:

const

PDFDoc : String = 'C:\PRINTFILE.PDF';

procedure TForm1.Print_Form_1130(Sender: TObject);
begin
 QP.LoadFromFile('C:\Verification of Rent and Living Arrangements.PDF');
 QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle('Customer_Name', FirstName + ' ' + LastName);
 QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle('CustomerID', CustomerID);
 QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle('Case_Manager', 'C. Brandon');
 QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle('Case_Manager_Number', '(443) 555-1234');
 QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle('District_Name', 'Harbor');
 QP.SetFormFieldValueByTitle('Date', FormatDate('mmmm d, yyyy', Now));
 QP.SaveToFile(PdfDoc);
 ShellExecute( 0, 'print', pchar(PdfDoc), nil, nil, SW_SHOWMINIMIZED );
end;

When I get back to the office on Thursday, I'm going to see if the original pdf file prints correctly using ShellExecute both as without the fields filled in, and with them filled in.  I'm using ShellExecute to print simply because I don't know the name of the printer at my office and I might have to install the software on three other machines using different printers.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by unified
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 05 at 1:29AM
Hi!
You can get the default printer automatically with a quickpdf-function ;-)
Cheers,
Ingo

unified View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 05 at 10:33AM

Ah!  GetDefaultPrinterName.  How did I miss that?

unified View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 05 at 10:39PM

I ran another test and, for the life of me, can't figure out what's the problem.  Even using the PrintDocument fuction produces an unfilled form.  So, sadly, QuickPdf does not address my needs.

Rather than tear all my hair out, I've decided to actually give up on quickpdf altogether since I only need it process existing forms, not create pdf.  In my case, it was simplier to just programatically create an fdf file and Reader 5.0 had no problem printing the associated pdf with the field filled in perfectly. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic