Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it possible to use OTF-Fonts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abensberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it possible to use OTF-Fonts
    Posted: 18 Aug 11 at 9:42AM
I need to use OpenType fonts (*.OTF) within my PDFs.

How can I add and use OpenType fonts with QuickPDFLib?

In the reference I only found:

AddCYKFont
AddStandardFont
AddSubsettedFont
AddTrueTypeFont
AddTrueTypeFontFromFile
AddType1Font

Sorry, if this question sounds silly to somebody, but I am a newbie in the fields of "fonts"

Kind regards
Abensberger
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 12 at 4:31PM
Sorry to open an old topic, but I'm interested in an answer to this question as well - Are embedded OTF fonts supported with QuickPDF 8.13? What if they have Type1 outlines instead of TrueType outlines?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 12 at 7:20PM
Hi!

Do you know what you can do with the reference guide ... ;-)

AddOpenTypeFontFromFile

Cheers (and sorry ;-)
Ingo

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 12 at 7:35PM
Sorry, you are right Ingo, but I guess I should have been clear that I meant a subsetted font.

What isn't 100% clear to me is that if I try to subset a font by name (e.g. "Tahoma", will QuickPDF handle it regardless of whether it is a TTF, OTF with TT outlines, or OTF with PS outlines?

Or do I need to manually check whether the font that my users have chosen is an OTF or TTF and add it accordingly using the *FromFile methods.

I've done some experimenting myself, but as you can see from my previous thread, I'm having trouble proving that even TTF fonts are being embedded as I require (my unfortunate suspicion is that text rendered to the CanvasDC isn't using the font when I subset it afterwards). I had hoped perhaps that some other user had more experience in this area and could clarify for me.

I've been using QPDF for over 2 years, and I've only posted a few questions here, so you can be sure I typically do all my own experiments and research unless I am truly stuck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic