Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem extracting images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem extracting images
    Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 9:49AM
Hi, I am extracting images from PDF files that were created elsewhere with GhostScript Writer 8.  I am first merging a number of PDF files using MergeFileList.

I am able to extract the images to an imagelist etc and use DASaveImageDataToFile to save each extracted image to file.  However, some of the image files are completely blank (i.e. the image can't be seen when you view the file - just a white background).  Other images are extracted perfectly well.  All of the images in the file are of the same type.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas on why some images are extracted successfully and others are blank?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 12:02PM
Hi Michael!

These images you can see in the file explorer with max 1 kb...
I think it's made beside the creation of the document.
Perhaps only one completely transparent gif-pixel.
But it's an image and so it will be extracted.
If you want to avoid this you can check the file size before save to disk.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

michaelasi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 1:49PM
Hi Ingo,

Thank you for your feedback.  I have since discovered that the problem only occurs with pdf files that were produced by GPL Ghostscript 8.15.  The workaround that works is to save them as word documents and then save those word documents back to pdf format.

Thanks again,
Michael.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic