Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

General questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yulek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: General questions
    Posted: 17 Mar 11 at 8:28PM
Hi all.

I am not a programmer yet, but with needs arising from my new job I might become one.

I have PDF files created via PDF creator from software that is mostly "DOS" with windows interface.
I would like to extract from those files data about text and it's position as well as data about drawings (which are scalable paths or vectors, they scale nicely when opened in inkspace).

Then I want to put that data in to MS word application (via VBA) and automate it's processing for further use and printing.

Is it possible to extract such data with the use of Quick PDF Library?

As far as I have looked into available documentation, I should be able to extract all needed data about text with DAExtractPageText, however I can't find anything that would allow me to extract data regarding existing paths or vectors (lots of functions to draw though).

Also, as I have only just recently read about calling DLL functions under VBA does the library provide function interface in both ANSI and Unicode or only Unicode?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 11 at 8:41PM
Hi Yulek!

ANSI and Unicode is supported.
There are no extract-functions for paths / vector graphics.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Yulek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yulek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 11 at 8:53PM
Can data on vector graphics be extracted from an EMF file should I use library Rendering functions to create such output?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 11 at 8:58PM
Hi!

You should read here:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/help/quickpdf/ImageHandling.php
Only the image types bmp, jpg and tiff can be extracted.
In other cases you can try RenderPageToFile making an image of the current page.

Cheers, Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic