Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got a wierd PDF form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got a wierd PDF form
    Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 4:28PM
I got a weird PDF form which opens in QuickPDF library and ends up corrupted. Is there any way to pay for priority support to fix QuickPDFLibrary so that the form will be opened and saved correctly?

It is ticket #3894.
vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 4:31PM
I'm willing to pay premium or super-premium to get the QuickPDF library to save and load correctly.
The deadline is tomorrow.. :|
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 5:15PM
Hi!

That's a pity for your case ...
Since tomorrow you won't get help i think.
For such a call this is the completely wrong forum.
Here's the user-user-forum - not the author-user-forum ;-)
Please have a look on www.quickpdflibrary.com ...
Here you'll find the options about buying the library:
There's no item for special support but for the source code...
so you can have a look by yourself.

BTW: I think a sentence like "...a weird PDF form which opens in QuickPDF library and ends up corrupted..." isn't much if you're looking for help. Shall we have a look in the glass ball guessing what's perhaps the problem?
Post all relevant code and give us an online location where we can find your problem pdf.
You're registered here since 2007... I'm wondering, i'm wondering.
Here is the link to the official support (you should already know):

Cheers and good luck,
Ingo

vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 5:21PM
I have source codes, latest for QuickPDFLibrary, I tried to fix, but the form is corrupted. Can I contact you via private message?

vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 5:26PM
The source is:

qp.loadfromfile('file.pdf');
qp.savetofile('file2.pdf');
// pdf goes haywire after that.

I can give the PDF, but I cannot give to all because it is confidential.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 5:26PM
What do you want?
The file is corrupt ... so it's corrupt ... and that's the correct result.
QuickPDF can't repair pdf forms.
What you can do is calling PageCount...
If the result is 0 then you know that's there is a severe problem with the pdf.
Another easier way is to check the result from LoadFrom...
BTW: I'm a user - not an author of QuickPDF ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 02 Dec 10 at 5:29PM
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 7:58AM
The PDF that you have sent through is a malformed PDF. It has a syntax issue with the Tabs key and its /W value. The easiest way to get around this syntax error is to completely remove the Tabs key from each page in your document. You can remove the Tabs key using this Delphi code:

for i := 1 to PDFLibrary.PageCount do
 begin
   TPDFDocument(PDFLibrary.SelectedDocument).PageTree.GetPage(i).DeleteEntryByKeyName('Tabs');
 end;

The /W value for the Tabs key is not currently part of the latest PDF specification. /W means "Widget order" and is described in implementation note 77 of the Acrobat Supplement to the ISO32000 specification and needs ExtensionLevel3. At the moment I believe it's only supported in Adobe Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 and newer versions of these products.

We will add support for it if it is officially added to the next ISO standard for PDF, but until then, you'll have to use the workaround of removing the Tabs key entirely as we do not support non-standard features in PDF files.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 8:19AM
Hi Rowan!

Wow...
Thanks a lot for such deeply information!
I see that QuickPDF is in the right hands ;-)

Cheers, Ingo
vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:28AM

QuickPdfLibrary.LoadFromFile('ThatForm.pdf')
 for iNo := 1 to PDFLibrary.PageCount do
 begin
 TPDFDocument(
QuickPdfLibrary.SelectedDocument).PageTree.GetPage(iNo).DeleteEntryByKeyName('Tabs');
 end;
 QuickPdfLibrary.SaveToFile('ThatForm.pdf');

Adobe complains:
This document enables extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. This
document has been changed since it was created and use of extended
feature is no longer available. Please contact the author for the
original version of this document.

Any ideas? :(

vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:30AM
or, after you save to file, the form becomes unfillable.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:42AM
Hi Vizacc!

Adobe don't like that you modify THEIR pdf-forms with a third party tool.
Adobe is then abused 'cause they want to be the only one earning money with the pdf-format.
Use the fabulous Foxit Reader and you can still work on the form.
There isn't another solution available... You can say fu...k Adobe - that's all.
Read my blog and you'll know what i mean:
http://pdfcomments.blogspot.com/2009/06/pdf-and-forms.html

Cheers, Ingo

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:44AM
Yes, the forms that Acrobat and LiveCycle create with these extended features and usage rights that help to unlock features in Adobe Reader are exceedingly annoying. Unfortunately, once you've created one of these PDF files the only way to 'get out of jail' is to go back to Acrobat and try to re-save the form without these "extended features".
vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:46AM
Is there codes to "fix" this problem? If it is, can I buy it?

vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:49AM
Is there a way to remove the "Extended Features"?

vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:51AM
Meaning, is there a way to remove these Extended features by Using QuickPDFLibrary?

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:57AM
No, it's not possible to remove these extended features using Quick PDF Library. I'm not sure if this is a feature we can add, but I'll investigate and hopefully we'll be able to add something useful in this area next year.

You can however check to see if a PDF contains these usage rights (e.g. Reader Extensions) using the GetAnalysisInfo function.

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 10:58AM
To remove usage rights (Reader Extensions) you need to go back to the application were this PDF was originally created (presumably Acrobat or Adobe LiveCycle) and then re-save it without these usage rights.

Adobe really should provide a warning to their users who create these sorts of PDF forms, but unfortunately, they don't.
vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 11:48AM
Rowan, Igno, thank you.
I told the customer this couldn't be fixed.  :(

Thank you.

vizacc View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vizacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 11:55AM
I'll honor my promise anyway...

Ingo, can you contact me with your email PayPal address?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 10 at 12:58PM
Hi Vizacc!

There's a way to solve the problem... ;-)
Loading the document and keep type, style and position of each form field in mind.
Then making a jpg from each page.
Then making these jpg to new pdf-pages.
Then creating the form fields with the style data (still in mind) on each page.
In the end you've made forms very similar to the original one without the problems.

This is only an idea from me...
Perhaps one day i'll make a component doing this ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

toyet View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 10 at 8:31AM
I experienced similar problem.  I googled for the error itself and I got this line "Reinstall Acrobat with version lower than 9.  

Did not have time to test though, sorry!  But, it's worth a try.  And please let me know.  Thanks. :)

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 10 at 8:29PM
Hi!

This won't really help.
Imagine: You get the form from anywhere made with Acro 9 ...
Or another thought: Do you want to tell anybody that he shall disable his new expensive Acro 9 and that he shall use again the old Acro 8 or 7?
The usage rights for the Reader Extensions should be anywhere in the pdf-content.
Detecting the tags and removing the tag in a clear way could be a solution?
If here are some guys with such described trouble forms you can send them to me at:
ingo   dot   schmoekel   at   ewetel   dot   net
Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic