Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot register the DLL!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valleysboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot register the DLL!
    Posted: 09 Jun 09 at 12:14PM
Cry

I know, I'm having a bad day....
Anyway I've tried to register the DLL but no joy. Comes up with the usual "...entry point..." error and cannot reference it from VB6. Have no trouble referencing the ActiveX version though

Any ideas on how to register the DLL for use in VB6?

Ta
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 09 at 12:27PM
Hi!

There are many dlls out there without an entry point. It's like it is ... that's not an error ;-)
Put it into the system32-directory or in the directory of your app or project and it will work.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Valleysboy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valleysboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 09 at 1:29PM
Have put it into the System32 directory as you suggested but it made no difference. I still couldn't register it with the RegSvr32 app or reference it from a VB6 application.

Sorry to be a bit of a n00b
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 09 at 1:51PM
Hi Valleysboy,

The DLL edition can't be registered, you must import it into your VB6 application.

Are you sure you don't want to use the ActiveX edition? This version is much easier to get started with and can be registered.

I realize it's a bit confusing that both editions are named DLL, but they are in fact different in how you use them.

To register the ActiveX edition run the following command from the CMD window:

regsvr32 "C:\Quick PDF Library\ActiveX\QuickPDFAX0714.dll"

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Valleysboy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valleysboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 09 at 1:57PM
No worries, have resolved it
Ta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic