Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Out Of Memory on OutlineCount call

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkornit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out Of Memory on OutlineCount call
    Posted: 07 May 09 at 3:33PM
Has anybody got any experience w/ an Out Of Memory exception when calling OutlineCount?

I installed v7.? this morning and found ti did not help w/ the issues around GetAnnotStrProperty.  I uninstalled it, but now I get the OOM exception when I calling OutlineCount on a pdf w/ many bookmarks (outlines). 

I am not sure that the OOM and v7.? are related.

No problem when calling it for files w/ only a few bookmarks.  The pdf it blows up on is less than 700 KB, but has LOTS of bookmarks.

Any help is appreciated.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 09 at 3:53PM
Hi jkornit!

What means your "w/"?
The newest version is 7.13. What's yours?
It's important if you're speaking from errors.
If you're still using 7.12 try first 7.13.
Please post your code if you want help. Is it possible to get your file anywhere online...? It could help.

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 07 May 09 at 3:55PM
jkornit View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkornit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 09 at 4:01PM
w/ is an abbreviation for the word "with"
w/ = with   w/o=without   w/i = within   

The version i was given is 4.41.0.0 but I did download aand try the latest version from your website this morning.
I think the prblem is with the actual PDF, and Acrobat Professional's "PDF Optimizer" on it... It looks like it did the job.

Thanks for your reply.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 09 at 4:55PM
Hi!

It's not my website - i'm only a user like you.
Version 4.41 is about four years old... what do you expect from such an old version perhaps faced by a pdf-document made with pdf-specs 1.7 ;-)
If there are problems with certain pdf-files it could be good making a working copy saved by QuickPDF... and then working on these copy. So made optimizations by other tools are removed and strange problems doesn't raise.
You shouldn't use version 4.41 any longer ... we've already made the experience years ago that there are some issues having to do with less memory.

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 07 May 09 at 4:58PM
jkornit View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkornit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 09 at 10:50AM
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I have to use the components given to me.  Thanks for the advice, though.
Jacob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic