Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finding Text/Paragraph rectangles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding Text/Paragraph rectangles
    Posted: 15 Apr 09 at 5:27PM
I need to find the rectangles that make up the paragraphs and/or blocks of text in a PDF page. I have looked at iTextSharp and DataLogics. The best I have been able to do is find individual words. However, I can not seem to find the rectangle that holds the entire block of text.

My goal is to rasterize a page.  The use C# to draw outlines around the text blocks/paragraphs in each page.

I am using C#. Can Quick PDF do this for me?  Please let me know.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 09 at 12:38AM
Hi!

The rectangles for textstrings or even single words you can get in QuickPDF with the textextract-functions and option 3 (strings) or 4 (single words). With this functions you'll get the four values for the points top, left/ bottom, left/top, right/ bottom, right of each word ... the necessary values for your rectangle.

Cheers, Ingo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic