Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convert HTML to PDF, server side

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert HTML to PDF, server side
    Posted: 19 Mar 09 at 9:08AM
Hello !

I'm looking for a way to convert a HTML , just generated from dynamic content on server-side, to PDF. This is an alternative to using a PDF template to stuff data and generate a PDF with dynamic content. Using HTML would be way, way simpler and more versatile than PDF with empty form fields.

Anyway, can I use QuickPDF to convert a HTML string to PDF ? Can QuickPDF render the HTML into a page image and then to PDF ?

If not, what is a robust method of doing it ?

I have seen this product :

http://www.verypdf.com/htmltools/index.html#dl

It's very interesting but also, very , very expensive.

Can not afford that !

Thanks for any suggestions !
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 09 at 9:28AM
Hi!

Why not use one of these "html to image" components or commandline-tools and then QP-function AddImageFromFile?

Cheers, Ingo
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 09 at 10:39AM
Hi Ingo !

Thanks for your answer !

Interesting approach. I'll have a look at it. This product seems nice :

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/html-to-image-converter-command-line.htm

Thanks again !
Ruturaaj View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruturaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 09 at 6:05AM
Originally posted by Ingo Ingo wrote:

Hi!

Why not use one of these "html to image" components or commandline-tools and then QP-function AddImageFromFile?

Cheers, Ingo

This approach will help making PDF, but then Reader won't be able to search the content. He/she also won't be able to select some part of content as text to copy and reuse. So, if you're just looking for "view only" PDF then that's fine; else, you really need to look for some other (and better) alternatives.

Edited by Ruturaaj - 14 Aug 09 at 6:08AM
fchivu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchivu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 10 at 2:02PM
You can try this [html to pdf] library or the [free html to pdf] online service

Moderator edit: links removed.

Edited by Rowan - 30 Nov 10 at 8:05AM
Ruturaaj View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruturaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 10 at 2:33PM
Originally posted by fchivu fchivu wrote:

You can try this html to pdf library or the free html to pdf online service

Thanks for your links to the appropriate products which I'm sure you've posted in good faith and highly encouraging intention of helping others. With due respect to your intentions and initiative to help others in their problems, personally I feel that posting links to other products in this Forum should be avoided as I don't find it ethical. This forum is dedicated to the discussion related to Quick PDF Lib and coding issues related to Quick PDF Lib. If there is something that Quick PDF is not capable of doing for you then post it as a request to the the Developer's team and they will surely listen to your thoughts. My personal experience with the Dev team is excellent; they not just listened to me but I also can see the requested features added to lib. Of course, I don't want to say that the feature additions are because of my suggestions ... it may or may not be the case. The point is ... personally, I don't find it good to see links to other products in this forum.

Please don't misunderstand me ... it's just a friendly talk; no offense really. :-)

Once again, it's really great to have people like you around who are willing to help other programmers/QP developers in their coding issues.

Regards,

Ruturaaj.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 10 at 6:20AM
Hi Ruturaaj!

Yes. You're right. It's very close to spam.
I didn't delete it to show other users what
kind of posting we don't want ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic