Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PDF Renders Black / New Version of QuickPDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF Renders Black / New Version of QuickPDF
    Posted: 12 Feb 09 at 7:03PM
Hello all,

I'm trying QuickPDF as an inexpensive library to render PDFs to images. The PDFs would typically be simple, so I'm not too worried about advanced rendering features. I've tried it with a few PDFs and they look good, but PDFs from a important collection of PDFs only show a large black square.

The links to download the new versions of the library are down, so I would appreciate either someone emailing the newest version to init2null/at/gmail/dot/com or checking the PDF in the newest version by rendering it. I need to find out whether the new QuickPDF works with the file, so that I can make plans about which direction to go in.

Thanks!

Wesley

Edited by init2null - 12 Feb 09 at 7:25PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 1:49AM
Hi Wesley!

To be honest... The latest version shows a black square, too.
We've done a lot in case of rendering up to the latest version.
Your test.pdf will be a good sample for making our product better and better. Thanks!

Cheers, Ingo
init2null View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 2:55AM
Thanks for the response Ingo. I'm definitely going to keep a close eye on QuickPDF and your version of it. It's close enough to fitting my needs that active development should fix this problem soon. This is the only bug preventing me from using it.

I do have one suggestion though. If you could add the ability to render to shared 32-bit RGBA pixel data, that would provide quite a speed boost for C++ programmers.

Thanks for your time!

Wesley

DELBEKE View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 3:28AM
Hi Wesley and Ingo

I have a look inside and corrected the problem.

Now the dll render correctly your pdf.
DELBEKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 4:07AM
Hi Wesley

What do you mean with "shared 32-bit RGBA pixel data" ?

init2null View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 12:13PM
I mean that one could supply a pointer to the data in my image instance for QuickPDF to write to. That would avoid the wasted work of creating the BMP, writing it to the string, and decoding the BMP. It would also cut down on the memory used during the process. You could take a look at how the Foxit DLL does it if you're interested.

Anyway, thanks for fixing the bug so quickly! I'm planning on buying PDF Squad when it's released.
DELBEKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 12:27PM
We have something like this, i think. RenderPage have a device context pointer in its parameters.

init2null View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote init2null Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 09 at 2:14PM
Writing into shared data is ideal for my configuration, since my program uses the Qt library. In Foxit, I can give it the pointer to my QImage data, and it will write directly into the image. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll see if I can make it work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic