Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deleting an image from a PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleting an image from a PDF
    Posted: 26 Jan 09 at 5:07PM
I'd like to be able to identify a specific image (based say on the image's height and width) and delete that one image from the PDF. I have the iSed source v 5.11 library but been unable to find a way to do this. Can someone please give me a pointer

Thanks,

Steve
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 09 at 1:20AM
Hi Steve!

It's not possible to delete an existing image from a ready made pdf with QuickPDF. You can determine on which page it is, then copying all pages to a new pdf, then deleting the page with the image. To find the specific images you can deal with the pdf-content (First load, then unencrypt, then reading into a stream or string, then checking the string-content).

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 27 Jan 09 at 1:23AM
SteveG View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 09 at 12:32PM
Thank you Ingo for the approach to solving this!

Best wishes to you,

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic