Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corrupt pdf and Crop mark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corrupt pdf and Crop mark
    Posted: 08 Jan 09 at 3:49AM
Hello,

I have two questions:
#1. Identify corrupt pdf

There are certain files which can not be read by the pdf file and it throws 110 error. Is there a way we can identify that the file is corrupt.

In this case the file size  is not 0 kb.

#2. How can I identify if there are crop marks available in the PDF file, before I can process the crop mark. Please suggest
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 09 at 5:37AM
Hi!

Your questions seems to me as if you're NOT using
QuickPDF from iSED but any other pdf-library?

If not: Which version of QuickPDF you are using?

Cheers, Ingo
mpavas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 09 at 5:45AM
I am using iSED.dll having version of 4.41.1.1
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 09 at 7:05AM
Please try the last version 5.22 from the library section.
And see if your probs still exist.

Cheers, Ingo

mpavas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 12:07AM
Actually these are not the problems. I want to know if there are any options to check if there are pdf crop marks on a pdf before I remove them. Just to reduce the overhead of the application.

Other question is: If there is a PDF which is corrupt, how can I identify that pdf is corrupt?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 1:24AM
Hi!

Crop:
Use the function "HasPageBox".
If the returning value is "2" then it's a crop box.
Corrupt:
Use the function "LoadFromFile".
If the returning value is "1" then the pdf could be load successfully - which means that the file is okay.

Cheers, Ingo

mpavas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 1:46AM
Thanks Ingo! I will surely try this. Also is it recommended to use the 5.22 library?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 2:31AM
It's the latest version as dll - Try it.
Normally newer versions have less bugs and more functions... Please read in the library section ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

mpavas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 5:36AM
Thanks, I have HasPageBox is fine.
About the other issue with corrupt pdf file. I get the below error:

there was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (110)

And LoadFromFile returns 1.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 7:11AM
Hi!

Who raises these messages?
"there was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (110)"
It's not QuickPDF.
Why not reading the pdf page by page... getting some data from the pages... and if there's an error -> That's it.
Perhaps the errors are always from the same pdf-engine (check creator and producer) the check will be much faster.

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 09 Jan 09 at 7:13AM
mpavas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpavas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 09 at 7:49AM
Yes, the dll do not raise this error.

When I open the PDF on a pdf reader manually i get this error.

however the LoadFromFile method returns 1 i.e success.

zlatan24 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlatan24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 11 at 1:34PM
Originally posted by mpavas mpavas wrote:

Hello,

I have two questions:
#1. Identify corrupt pdf

There are certain files which can not be read by the pdf file and it throws 110 error. Is there a way we can identify that the file is corrupt.

In this case the file size  is not 0 kb.

#2. How can I identify if there are crop marks available in the PDF file, before I can process the crop mark. Please suggest
There is a program which is able to help in this complicated situation. It owns many other facilities such as restoring data after power failures, virus attacks. pdf recovery has features allowing to solve out problems with corrupted or lost pdf documents.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic