Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GeoPdf layer image

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_pathak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GeoPdf layer image
    Posted: 14 May 11 at 9:18AM
hi,

i m using QUICKPDF Library. but i don't know, how to extract image from the geopdf. image present in the form of layer. plz help me.

Thanks & Regards

vinod pathak
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 11 at 10:56AM
Hi Vinod!

Please use the search-functionality (above on the right side).
Try the advanced option
and the searchstring GeoPDF on all forums without time restrictions...
Then you'll get what you need ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 14 May 11 at 10:57AM
vinod_pathak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_pathak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 11 at 12:13PM
Hi Ingo

Thanks for your kind response, but i fetch the layers name but how can i get image from these layers.

code:
int lay = pdf.OptionalContentGroupCount();
int lay1=0;
string lay2 = "";
for (int i = 1; i <= lay; i++)
{
                    lay1 = pdf.GetOptionalContentGroupID(i);
                    lay2 = pdf.GetOptionalContentGroupName(lay1);
}

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 11 at 1:45PM
Hi!

Here's a sample how to get images and more out of a pdf:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/extract-text-and-images-and-insert-into-new-pdf_topic1308.html
If you need it relevant for special layers you should try ... but i don't think that this is supported by QP.

Cheers, Ingo

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_pathak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 4:59AM
Hi

Thanks for your support.

May be this PDF Created in PHOTOSHOP. when i open this file in Acrobat. 10 layers are shown in the layers view and image attached as a layer.

Thanks & Regards
 vinod pathak
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_pathak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 5:06AM
Hi Ingo

link of pdf is :  www.terragotech.com/system/files/geopdf/webmap_urbansample.pdf
plz check this pdf

Thanks
vinod pathak

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 6:48AM
Hi Vinod!

This here is only a user-user-forum ...
If you know that the image is on the last layer
you can check the layercount using the result
to remove the last layer... with the included image.

Cheers, Ingo

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_pathak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 7:18AM
Hi! Ingo

Thanks for your support. you are doing good task for every one.
In this pdf, image add as a layer.
QUICKPDF Library not able to extract image from the layer so i will try another tool to extract image
from layers in c#.

vinod

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 7:20AM
so you should remove the last layer WITH the image ;-)

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinod_pathak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 7:23AM
how can i remove last layer that is the image layer.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 12:49PM
Vinod, there might be some confusion here between layers and optional content groups. Read this article:

In short: Acrobat uses the term layers, but we use the term optional content groups -- in QPL terminology layers refers to content streams.

The image that you are referring to is part of an optional content group. Despite the order that it is listed in the Acrobat Layers panel, this does not indicate that internally this image is stored in the last optional content group -- that is just a visual representation, but not an accurate representation of the order in which the OCGs are stored.

I will post more info shortly. Just running out of battery on my laptop.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 1:47PM
More info:

It is possible to delete optional content groups, but this will *not* delete the content that was associated with optional content group. Deleting text, image, etc, objects from PDF files is a messy business and so allowing users to delete all content associated with an OCG would result in broken PDF files.

What you will need to do is identify the particular image that you want to remove and then use the ClearImage function to basically delete that image. The image object is not actually deleted though, to prevent the corruption of existing links to the image it will not be deleted from the document. The image will be converted into a 24-bit RGB format consisting of a single transparent pixel.

I hope this helps.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 11 at 1:59PM
"...
The image will be converted into a 24-bit RGB format consisting of a single transparent pixel
..."
Tricky and good solution!
I've learned something, too ;-)
Thanks!

Cheers, Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic