Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

full line text extraction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: full line text extraction
    Posted: 25 Nov 10 at 10:39AM
Hi,

I'm using text extraction functions (activex v7.22 b2) to extract words with coordinates.
I'll need to extract full-line text with line coordinates. Do I have any solution for doing this?

Alin
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 10 at 3:34PM
Hi Alin!

QuickPDF doesn't have this option but it will support you...
You can extract complete pages, strings like they were inserted and single words.
Take the word-option and concatenate the complete lines regarding the position data of each word.
If you have this algorithm completed please insert it here in the samples-section 'cause i need it, too ;-)

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 25 Nov 10 at 3:36PM
alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 10 at 8:11AM
Hi Ingo,

Thanks for you answer.  I'll post the algo soon; I have some problems with the tables (the OCR engine "read" tables by line/column about a random?! criteria).

Alin
alinux View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 10 at 8:04PM
Hi Ingo,

I've posted a basic sample (see code sample) of text assembling lines based on Y1 or Y2 coordinate of words (GetPageText(4) function); for a more accurate result, I think that it'll need a control variable for Y coordinate different values for the words of the same line.

Cheers,
Alin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic