Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Knockout option

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
beki View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knockout option
    Posted: 24 Jun 06 at 1:31AM
I have the expertise and am working on a client project where I need to produce production ready PDF-s that go into TrueFlow. Separations and overprint/knockout are life-or-death issues.

I do not have Delphi expertise but I am talking to a programmer that has it. Probably we will extend the library for this.

How do you guys arrange for the versioning (5.14/5.15) right now?

Tomislav
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 06 at 12:57PM
QuickPDF has support for CMYK colorspaces and spot colors/separations, but isn't a complete implementation of the Adobe spec for pre-press applications.

If you have Delphi expertise, and can add such support, I, for one, would be very interested. However, you'll need to look elsewhere (and pay considerably more) for a more complete library.
beki View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 06 at 5:54AM
This is not what I meant.

If you have a document with two Pantone/Spot colors/separations, e.g. blue text running over a red square, you need the text to be cut-out of the square.

So I need to set the knockout flag on the text.

Tomislav
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 06 at 5:30AM
Hi!

If you don't want that QuickPDF can extract your text-content you only have to create the pdf-file with open office 2. Open Office 2 insert text not with "tm (the text...) tj"... OO2 works with the new pdf specification...

Best regards,
Ingo
beki View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 06 at 1:57AM
Does anyone know how to set text knockout in QuickPDF?

Beki
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic