Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does anyone answer support tickets?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossgarner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: does anyone answer support tickets?
    Posted: 09 May 16 at 12:22PM
hi
I have sent a support ticket Case #26612 , but no response

resent ticket, and left phone message, still no response

does anyone answer support tickets?

ross
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 16 at 7:29PM
Hi Ross,

they will ... but actually it's not a good time 'cause there's a main restructuring regarding Debenu and future focus on the pdf market. That affects all leaders of Debenu ... they have additional mastermind tasks at Foxit now (you didn't read the relevant press releases?).

This all will stir up some dust and bring some unrest in the daily business but i think in the end "our" QuickPDF will win regarding the near Foxit ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

-EG- View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -EG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 8:35AM
Hi ross,
had you any answer from tech supports?

In latest months no one reply to my request regarding tickets progress...
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 5:54PM
Hi EG, hi Ross,

first you shouldn't forget that you're using a really low cost library with a very large bunch of functionalities.
The other thing is that there will be some changes at Debenu in the near future and this could lead to temporary less support:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3322&KW=Foxit+Debenu&PID=13238&title=does-anyone-answer-support-tickets#13238

Cheers,
Ingo

-EG- View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -EG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 8:28AM
Hi Ingo,
In past I opened lot of tickets for bugs or to ask new functionalities and Debenu gave great support in every single case.
In last year, in my case, technical support is disappeared, generic answers or no answer at all.
And I'm talking about two regression bugs signaled a year ago.
Honestly we are quite worried because it doesn't metter if Debenu is or isn't a low cost library;
there is no business for our application if we cannot rely on support.

Edited by -EG- - 19 Jul 16 at 8:47AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 9:49PM
... as a customer i'm always saying "i'll get what i've paid for" ;-)
About the reasons i've written enough.
It has to do with Debenu/Foxit and the deceased support team leader.
Such a large library can't be bug-free.
Myself i've found bugs too but 'till now i'm always able to find some usefull workarounds for me ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

rweetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 11:26AM
I just wanted to express some general concerns.
Support certainly isn't what it used to be. It seems that anything sent to support just gets nothing but an automated response for a very long time and I notice that the advert at the top of the forum is still for upgrading to version 12. 

While I agree with the comments from Ingo, I have invested a lot in this library both in terms of money and time. The support levels we used to receive from Debenu was a major reason that I invested so heavily in the library and also was always recommending it to other developers.

I try most things before resorting to emailing support and it would be appreciated to receive some more timely support from FoxIt- I'm not asking for the 24 hour response we used to get.

I think it would be professional if FoxIt issued a statement as to what we can expect in terms of support going forward (managing expectations removes a lot of angst) and the future of the product. From the emails I receive there seems to be a push to move me onto a FoxIt product.
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 16 at 3:14PM
Hi all,

seems they stop to respond to running tickets as well :-( I asked for a status update of a ticket I opened in february where they promised to inform me when it's handled. But no answer from them. Are Pál or Rowan still working for Debenu/Foxit?

Really trustworthy ...

best regards,
Ulrich
ben21 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 16 at 3:24PM
When I was strongly eager to get an answer months ago, I sent an inquiry from a different email address and with my colleague’s  name. Then I got an answer immediately. Maybe I was regarded as a new customer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic