Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strange pdf file

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkryaklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange pdf file
    Posted: 17 Nov 14 at 7:43AM
Hey

Problem with pdf file: in Foxit I see 3 form fields, but pdfLibrary.FormFieldCount() = 0!

File can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgydvgsewisfx3j/test.pdf?dl=0

Thanks,
Dmirty

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 14 at 10:25AM
Hi Dmirty,

my app (made with QP) shows 211 form fields and
if i look inside the pdf with Notepad this should be okay.
In Foxit and Adobe it looks like 3 separate form fields indeed there are many single fields
Perhaps you should post your code snippet how to determine the form fields?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 18 Nov 14 at 10:27AM
Cheers,
Ingo

dkryaklin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkryaklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 2:31AM
Ingo, thanks for quick response

Yes, now I see these fields = 211. So that's my fault.

But this parent field (86 items), or it is hidden (page = 0). My application ignores these fields. And after the removal of parental fields I got a new pdf file.

File can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vn9nnguu2v2p828/test2.pdf?dl=0

Now really qp.FormFieldCount() = 0
But I see two fields in all pdf viewers

Cheers,
Dmitry
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 14 at 10:26AM

Dmitry,

The file seems me be malformed and is modified / fixed by Acrobat before the file is displayed.  After closing the file 

You seem to have deleted all of the Form Fields from the AcroForm dictionary.  The fields you are seeing are stored as Annotations.

The original file looks like a mess internally with lots of empty and or missing objects.  You might be better off trying to find an earlier version of the file.

Andrew.
dkryaklin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkryaklin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 14 at 2:06AM
Andrew,

"The fields you are seeing are stored as Annotations" - Now I understood. Thanks. But then the question is:
How do I find and correct the these fields at AcroForm using QP?

Original file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4txz0bsswwcj303/SPR%20CX%20SOW%20COP%20Templatev3.3.pdf?dl=0

See page 56

Dmitry

Edited by dkryaklin - 20 Nov 14 at 2:08AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic