Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delphi 7 and EMF+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delphi 7 and EMF+
    Posted: 21 Apr 10 at 2:47PM
I have been working with the support staff here on the 7.19 beta release and they have done an absolutly marvelous job so first I just would like to thank them for all their hard work and dedication. Also I feel the need to say thanks to Ingo as it seems he has an answer for every question out there. I have worked with a lot of different groups on different forms and I must say it is hard to find guys like this willing to share their knowledge with us.

So anyway as I was saying one of the new features coming up in 7.19 is the ability to render a pdf page to an EMF+ file format. This works so well and allows me to zoom in and out without any blurryness at all. Of course that is using Windows Picture Viewer to open the created emf file. Here is where my problem comes in. I am using Delphi 7. I have tried many different ways but cant figure out how to open a file that is the emf+ format and render it on the screen. To be clear I can open plain emf files and other graphic formats such as bmp, jpg, etc, but none of those methods work with an EMF+ file.  I will use QuickPDF to render PDF files to EMF+ format files. Those files will then be transported to other machines where I will write delphi programs to allow the user to view and or print the emf+ files. So at the point I want to view the EMF+ files the original PDF files are not present so this solution would not involve the QuickPDF libarary as I see it. So What I am asking is does anyone know of any code or component for Delphi 7 that will allow me to open an EMF+ file and render it on the screen or print onto a printer canvas, etc..?

I know this is not specifically a question about the PDF library but I thought there may be other developers here using the library and Delphi.
Thanks in advance
Wayne

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 10 at 3:15PM
Hi Wayne!

Thanks for the kind words!
Sorry... but i only have a shot into the blue for you.
Perhaps it helps:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536391%28VS.85%29.aspx
I think you need a description of the functions from the gdiplus-library ...

Cheers, Ingo

Jack View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 10 at 6:14PM
I don't know if you will do any better, but it might be worth while posting your question at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/delphi.  Like this forum, there you will find incredibly helpful experts who may know of such a component.  I will also be interested in seeing what you find.  How is the speed on the rendering?

Jack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic