Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Font size in html strings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Font size in html strings
    Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 9:15AM
Hi,

I'm in desperate need of your help.
To ilustrate the problem I modified the sample program located in C:\Program Files\Quick PDF Library\Samples\CPlusPlus\cplusplus-dll-helloworld.zip .

I commented out the QP.DrawText line and added the QP.DrawHTMLText bellow:

// Draw the 'Hello World' text on the PDF page
//QP.DrawText(100, 500, "Hello world from C++");
   int index = 500;
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font>Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=9>Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=13>Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=18>Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"9.0pt\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"11.5pt\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"18.5pt\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"9\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"11\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"18\">Hello world from C++</font>");

The resulted pdf will contain the strings seen here: http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4795/pdfs.jpg
As you can see any attempt to set the font size will cause it become so small that is unreadeble.
What am I doing wrong?

PS: I am using version 7.15

Thank you for any help,
Cristian
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 9:42AM
Hi Cristian!

Please have a look here:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/help/quickpdf/DrawHTMLText.php
and here:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/help/quickpdf/AppendixA.php

<font size="nn">     should work ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

cristian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 9:50AM
Thanks for the quick reply, in the sample code I sent you I already tried this.
See:
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"9\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"11\">Hello world from C++</font>");
QP.DrawHTMLText(100, index-=20,500, "<font size=\"18\">Hello world from C++</font>");

Regards,
Cristian

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 12:07PM
Yes... That i mentioned.
Remove the slashes.
I think it was interpreted in a faulty way?

Cheers, Ingo
cristian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 12:33PM
In C/C++ " is treated as begening of a string if you want your strings to contain " you have to you the escape character \ . I assure you that the string that DrawHTMLText will get ist actually 
<font size="18">Hello world from C++</font> 
whith no slashes.

Thanks,
Cristian

cristian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 12:52PM
Just tried the vb script sample that works with activex dll (see vbscript-activex-html_text.zip) and got the same results. Can you tell me what QuickPdf version are you using (and were can I get it) if it works for you? 

Regards,
Cristian

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 1:55PM
Hi Christian!

I've access to same versions like you.
I'm a user like you (but for a long time now ;-)
I can't try or implement your sample 'cause i've my own work to do.
This is a user-user-forum and it lives from the experiences of the users.
Actually we want to help you and a few month ago you'll help, too.
If there's a prob which can't be explained/sloved here you should use this location:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php
for technical support.

Cheers, Ingo

cristian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 2:09PM
Actually I used that link yesterday but got no response.

Thanks for all your aswers,
Cristian

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 2:27PM
you'll get a response ...
Perhaps you can imagine that you're not the only one using QuickPDF ;-)

Cheers, Ingo
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 2:28PM
Hi Cristian,

I work for Quick PDF Library. I've checked our support system and was not able to locate a support case that contained your name or was about the subject you've written about here.

Did you receive an automated response which contained your support case number after you submitted your support query? If so, can you let me know what the case number is? If not, email me at support@quickpdflibrary.com and I'll help you.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
cristian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 2:59PM
Hi,

No I didn't receive a automated response I also sent another querry a few hours ago still no automated response.
I will contact you by email.

Thanks,
Cristian

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 3:07PM
That's strange, I will test our contact forms now and look in the servers spam folder to see if your message was caught somewhere. As a backup, please also email your query to me at rowan.hanna_(AT)_gmail.com.
cristian View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 09 at 3:23PM
Just forwarded you the email I sent to support. Checked the spam and there are no quickpdf emails.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic