Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FlattenAllFormFields don't flatten radio button
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FlattenAllFormFields don't flatten radio button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FlattenAllFormFields don't flatten radio button
    Posted: 09 Mar 20 at 1:30PM
Hi,

I found issue in the Debenu PDF library. 
Whenever I call the FlattenAllFormFields method, all form fields are flatten, but radio button groups don't.

This pdf was flatten and signed via Debenu. When you open it in Adobe Reader you can see active radio button groups, but other form field are correctly flatten.

Please how can I flatten radio button groups? 

Edited by Puty - 09 Mar 20 at 4:16PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 20 at 10:16PM
Hi Puty,

here in the forum there's an important sentence from AndrewC (R.I.P.):
"FormField flattening works much better in reverse because you can flatten the children before flattening the parent objects".
Perhaps this is the initial thing you should have an eye on?

FlattenAllFormFields still offers things for future options and isn't closed.
Try the normal FlattenFormFields in reverse order and see if it works better for you.

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 20 at 9:25AM
Hi Ingo,

I also tried the "flattenFormField (id)" method. 
If the field type == 4 (radiobutton), I get his children through the "let subId = getFormFieldKidTempIndex (id, i)" method, where 'i' is the iterated number of children. 
If I used this subId as an input to the "flattenFormField(subId)" method, but radio buttons wasn't flatten.

Please do you have any code that will make flatten on radio button group?

Edited by Puty - 11 Mar 20 at 9:26AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 20 at 7:24PM
Hi Puty,

i don't have a sample.
Try the forum here (the samples section).
Try the online reference and the built in search functionality.
Try the developer guide.
Sometimes the sequence in doing something is important...

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 20 at 11:35AM
Hi Ingo,

I tried everything you wrote, but nothings works. 
I think it's a bug in Debenu and it doesn't work.

Edited by Puty - 12 Mar 20 at 11:36AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 20 at 8:46PM
Which version do you use?
Not the latest?

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 20 at 10:02AM
Hi Ingo,

I use Debenu version 17.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 20 at 8:21PM
I've checked your pdf now.
You didn't tell us that it's made with the iOS-version of the library.
Most knowledge exchange here is depending on the windows version of the library.
When i open the pdf with the acrobat reader, adobe is telling me that there are probs with at least one signature.
Perhaps this points to an error?
If i count all form fields of your pdf the result is one and this form field is the signature field.
Never the less i can still change the radio form fields.
I think that you've made some mistakes using the loop and the correct sequence flattening the form fields.
I fear without your code posted here nobody will be able to point you in the right direction.
Sorry.

Cheers,
Ingo

Puty View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 20 at 10:32AM
Hi Ingo,

I wrote support and it's a bug. They'll try to fix it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic