Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

error code 401

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: error code 401
    Posted: 18 May 12 at 2:20PM
I am trying to extract data from a PDF (Type 1.4 Creator: Oracle10gR2)
LoadFromFile returns 0 with error code 401

all other PDF's created by Oracle load correctly, it is just this version 10gR2 which causes problems.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? What am I missing ?
any help will be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 12 at 9:40PM
Hi Jon!

You should upload this pdf anywhere telling us the link.
So we can try to work with the file.
Perhaps somebody here then knews what's to do.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

ExchangeViews View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExchangeViews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 12 at 8:03AM
Did you try QPL version 8.15 +? I think latest version may help you.
JonCarter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 12 at 9:45AM
Hi Guys tks for the replies

I am using version 8.15 (Trial)

here is link to a typical example

mni tks for your help
rgds
Jon

edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 12 at 3:09PM
Hi Jon,

I think this PDF is something misspelled. After openning with Acrobat Reader X and saving, it is usable by QPL too. That means for me, the Reader did correct the spelling and it becomes readable for other programs.

So it is a question for QPL-Support
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php

Maybe they can change Loadfromfile (and others for input) to be able to handle such misspelled PDFs.

Cheers,

Werner

Edited by edvoigt - 19 May 12 at 3:10PM
JonCarter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 12 at 10:36AM
Hi Werner

I had tried opening and resaving under a different name previously and still got error 401.

I am using the latest version of Foxit Reader (Acrobat too big & bloated).

a bit of background, the sender of the pdf's used to use Oracle Developer 2000 to produce the work orders, and I could extract the required data perfectly well, the problem started when they upgraded to Oracle 10g.

mni tks for your input
rgds
Jon

edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 12 at 11:59AM
Hi Jon,

the filename does not matter.

It seems, the new version of Oracle produces now PDFs, which are a problem for QPL. In most cases means it. that the PDF is not really correct or QPL misunderstands anything. In both cases it should be a subject for QPL-support.

Cheers,

Werner
JonCarter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 12 at 1:15PM
Hi Werner
Tks for that
will have a word with support
rgds
jon

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 12 at 12:38PM
The PDF is missing the '%%EOF' string from the end of file.  This is very amateur type of mistake from the Oracle programmers.  I manually added the %%EOF string to the end of the file and it was able to render the page correctly.  Oracle is not the only company that produces PDF's that don't with mistakes but they are are consistent.  Some PDF's have spelling mistakes in Keywords such as using 'startref' instead of 'startxref'.  

Andrew.
JonCarter View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonCarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 12 at 5:14PM
Hi Andrew
Tks for that, sounds like something I could use
How do I go abt adding the %%EOF string ?

TIA
rgds
Jon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic