Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DrawHTMLText Charset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DrawHTMLText Charset
    Posted: 17 Aug 11 at 2:41PM
From the Developer Guide that ships with QPL.

Unicode, UTF-8 and the DLL and Delphi Editions - 
There are many different ways to encode Unicode characters. One way is to use strings with 16-bit characters. COM/ActiveX uses 16-bit characters, so adding Unicode support for the ActiveX edition of the library was easy.
For the Delphi and DLL editions, the strings have always been 8-bit characters. Unfortunately we can’t change the definition of functions as this would cause issues with backwards compatibility.
This means that when using the Delphi and DLL editions and working with Unicode characters, you need to encode your file names with UTF8 encoding, as mentioned in the function reference. Make sure that you pay attention to each function description as it will specifically mention if you need to encode or decode the input or output.
Different languages will have different functions to do the UTF8 encoding."

I believe that the DLL / ActiveX are technically UTF-16 or WideStrings - I am guessing but it could be WinAnsiEncoding.  

If you cannot get it to work still then post a small snippet of code and we can test it out.

What development tool are you using ?  Does it support 16 bit strings ?

Eric24 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 11 at 2:39AM
PS - I should mention that I'm using the COM/ActiveX version of QPDF (but I'd be interested to know the answer for the Delphi version as well).
Eric24 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 11 at 2:28AM
What charset does DrawHTMLText expect? I know it isn't UTF-8, but it may also not be ISO-8599-1 (in that it won't print a Euro symbol). If the charset isn't a "standard" one, is there a character table somewhere?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic