Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DrawDataMatrixSymbol with GS1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterLustig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DrawDataMatrixSymbol with GS1
    Posted: 17 Feb 21 at 8:24PM
' Foxit Quick PDF Library
' DLL Edition
' Version 17.11

Can anybody give me a hint about the parameters to use for DrawDataMatrixSymbol in combination with GS1 (encoding=3)?
if i use
E=Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(x,y, 2,"101234567890", 3,0,0)
no qr-code will be printed and the returnresult E=0

if i use
E=Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(x,y, 2,"101234567890", 1,0,0)
it will work, but with wrong codetyp (i think) and the first two characters (used for the specification GS1-standard "batch or lot number") are drawn in the code
Thank for your help!

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 21 at 9:41PM
Hi Peter :)

think you didn't read here?
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/DrawDataMatrixSymbol.php
--> "3 = GS1 encoding. Use U+00E8 for embedded FNC1, optional at start"
If you don't get success: What's the returning value 0 or 1?
Additionally: If you don't get success you can insert a LastErrorCode in the next line. What's the resulting value?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

PeterLustig View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterLustig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 21 at 11:01PM
Hello Ingo,

first of all: thanks for your help!
I read the documentation before i wrote the first request. Also, none of my testline are valid. I tried different ways, for example:
H = Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(4,14, 2, "U+00E8011234567890123", 3, 9, 0)
H = Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(4,14, 2, "U+00E8011234567890123", 3, 0, 0)

H = Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(4,14, 2, "101234567890", 3, 0, 0)
H = Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(4,14, 2, "(10)1234567890", 3, 0, 0)
H = Qp.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(4,14, 2, "~101234567890", 3, 0, 0)
and many combinations more

Every line the same result h =0 and getlasterrror =0

Best regards

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterLustig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 21 at 8:59AM
Hello Ingo,
i worked with the pdf-library from version 09 up to 17 since many years. My only problem is the knowledgement about the parameters for a valid GS1-QR-Code. To use this QR-Code-family is a new request from one of our customers. We have to make a pdf with included batch-number as QR-Code based on GS1-spezifications (10).

If possible, could you please make a test with the encoding option 3 and send me your parameters for a valid drawdatamatixsymbol-command? No matter, what size or what content the code have, i only want to have one valid example to try by my own.... Thanks!

Best regards

PeterLustig
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 21 at 10:33AM
Have you tried the QPDF demo program, to run the sample DM barcode script?  I just ran the Datamatrix sample (using 18.11), changing 1 to 3 for the encoding parameter, and it showed a good QR code which was decoded correctly when I pointed my phone at it on the screen. I cannot tell whether the encoding is correct, but the symbol does appear.

Also it is not clear what programming language you are using, but I cannot think of one where including "U+00E8" inside a quoted string would cause a single unicode character to replace these six characters. So if you do need this prefix, you would need to place it specifically as the first character.  If all this works in the sample script, then it should be possible to translate into the language you are using. The script samples are usually helpful to check such issues.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterLustig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 21 at 11:54AM
Hello TFrost,

first of all: thanks for your reply.

No, i didn't try the qpdf demo program (because for now, i don't know where i find it). My programming plattform is under windows, VB.NET and VB5 (for older programs), my tries are with VB5 (because of the customers environment).
Can you see in the demo which parameters are used for the DrawDataMatrixSymbol-command - or is it only an exe-file and you don't see the programming commands behind?

Best regards

tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 21 at 12:08PM
For me (using Delphi) the demo program is named DebenuPDFLibraryDemo.exe and is in the DEMO folder under the installation folder "Quick PDF Library 18".  It has been in this location of the main install for quite a number of QPDF major versions now.  Maybe another VB user can help you find it if VB installs differently.  I used to use it regularly when starting with QPDF; because it uses scripting it is language-neutral.

In the Scripts tab, under 'Barcodes' there is a DM example, consisting of half-a-dozen lines of code, of which the important one (after I changed 1 to 3) reads:
QP.DrawDataMatrixSymbol(100, 100, 15, "Quick PDF Library Rocks", 3, 0, 0);

Press the Run button on the right, and the script runs and displays the symbol.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterLustig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 21 at 2:14PM
Hello to all,

thanks for your help. I tried now the testline from TFrost and under VB5 in the customer environment it also did not work.

BUT, as in most cases, the problem sits in front of the computer ;-)

Unfortunately we use for compatibility different versions of the library in the same EXE. In my test, i don't check the sourcecode which version is used, and as i find out now, I tried it in version 10!

Everything fine for now, the problem is fixed!

Best regards

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic