Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Creating PDFs using FoxIt from Visual FoxPro (VFP)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Creating PDFs using FoxIt from Visual FoxPro (VFP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating PDFs using FoxIt from Visual FoxPro (VFP)
    Posted: 03 Mar 21 at 6:29PM
I use FoxIt to manipulate existing PDFs but I want to use it within my Visual FoxPro apps to create new PDFs and include the security features as well.  In FoxPro, we call reports like this:

REPORT FORM e:\dev\hockey\over40\gameday_rosters.frx NOEJECT NOCONSOLE TO PRINTER

I want to know how to direct this output to use FoxIt/QuickPDF.  I'm guessing I will have to create the PDF first and then add the security after the fact.

Hoping somebody can help me answer this question!

Thanks,
--Mike

mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 5:37AM
Nobody creating PDFs from Visual FoxPro???
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 11:23AM
I've used the enhanced serach function here at the top of the page and found at least 10 or more FoxPro-developer...
Don't forget: It's a user forum - not a publisher forum ;-)

Edited by Ingo - 09 Mar 21 at 11:24AM
Cheers,
Ingo

chadnewman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadnewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 21 at 7:58PM
Mike,
I use the QuickPDF Library in Visual FoxPro to work with PDFs.
The first thing is go get your report to PDF.
Most FRX to PDF products cost money.  However, I believe if you install FoxIt Reader, a Foxit Reader PDF Printer is installed.  You would print your VFP report to it.
Download: https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-reader/

Once the you have your PDF you will use QuickPDF Library and  DPLEncryptFile to add your security.  You can run the PRG out of ...\DLL\Import\VisualFoxPro to load the declarations.
Not sure how detailed to get, but you need to start the instance and then unlock it.

DPLEncryptFile(int InstanceID, wchar_t * InputFileName,
wchar_t * OutputFileName, wchar_t * Owner, wchar_t * User,
int Strength, int Permissions);

If you don't want to use  printer to create a pdf there are a few ways you can do this within VFP.

Hope this helps,
Chad
mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 21 at 8:16PM
Thanks, Chad!  I'll use XFRX to create the PDF and then QuickPDF to add the security after that.  I appreciate your reply!
chadnewman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadnewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 21 at 8:38PM
Mike,
If you are using XFRX it all ready has encryption for PDF documents.
https://eqeuscom.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/3899436/PDF+specific+features

Chad
mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 21 at 6:42PM
Cool!  What would be the point of using QuickPDF then if XFRX already has that?  What am I missing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic