Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Checkbox Rendering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkbox Rendering
    Posted: 30 Apr 19 at 8:07PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to make a checkbox "Bold" when rendered out to a printer?
The X is so thin that it often becomes so light it is hard to see that the box is checked.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 19 at 9:02PM
Hi Wayne,

you should try the online reference and the search function there... ;-)

with SetFormFieldCheckStyle you can try other styles for a better visibility:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SetFormFieldCheckStyle.php

Another thing you can do is to choose a font like "arial bold" or similar with SetFormFieldFont:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SetFormFieldFont.php

Cheers,
Ingo

waynefulcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 19 at 11:20PM
I just wanted to come back and post something for future developers about rendering checkboxes with lines that are "Bold" (thicker than what you get by default).

Basically there is nothing in any search results that will tell you how to fix it because there is nothing in the library you can do to fix it naturally. For checkbox fields, changing font, text size, etc has no affect on the output.

The only solution I came up with is a DIY solution. Just before rendering the pages to a printer or preview canvas, I flatten the fields but now I also check if I have a checkbox field which is "Checked" then I literally draw two diagonal lines in the shape of an X using the top, left, height and width of the checkbox field. This allows me to control line width to determine how bold to make the X.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic