Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Check if image exists in a PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardoprg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check if image exists in a PDF
    Posted: 06 Dec 23 at 10:39PM
I'm using the "FindImages" command to check, but in a PDF, it's returning the 'out of memory' error. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Could I use the "HasFontResources" function to check?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 23 at 1:17PM
We may need a bit more information to help you here.  First, which version of QuickPDF and which programming language are you using?  FindImages returns a zero or an image count, so if it returns, what is the return value? And if it does not return, what is actually showing the 'out of memory' error? Does the problem occur with just a specific PDF, even one with no images, or does it always happen? You could also try the Extraction/ExtractAllImages sample in DebenuQuickPDFLibraryDemo and see if you get the same result there with your PDF.  I hope some of this helps!
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 23 at 8:05PM
Hi Ricardo :) 

If you only wanna check if a pdf is a real pdf or only a converted image you can use HasFontResources.
The function returns with the number of fonts (embedded or only linked).
If it returns with 0 then it's pretty sure that the pdf is only a converted image.

Welcome here :)

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic