Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

changing font size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iztok Lajovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: changing font size
    Posted: 08 Feb 21 at 9:21PM
Hi,

I use the DrawWrappedText function and I noticed that line spacing outputting longer text that needs to be wrapped is quite large (I use Segoe UI font, size 9). I searched entire Debenu library's functions and I found only one posiibility to reduce text height in function SetTextExtractionScaling. This only function is intended for extraction text in combination with function getPageText and not with normal printing function.

I need smaller line distance in cases when I want to print memos which can be long and I don't want to use entire page for writing only one column with memo content.

Please advice me what I have to do to achieve this funcionality. Is there maybe an undocumented function and, if no, are there in your roadmap some functio to do something like that?

Regards and thank you for answer.
Iztok Lajovic
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 21 at 7:07PM
Hi Iztok,

perhaps you should try DrawHTMLText:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/DrawHTMLText.php
With these additional functions:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/HTMLText.php
you should get the control you want to.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

Iztok Lajovic View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iztok Lajovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 21 at 12:44PM
Hi Ingo,

this way could help if I had the text in HTML format but I have it as simple text. I had never used in HTML format text and I don't know how to convert plain text in that format.

I think that I am not only one of your users that has in the database fields plain text that wants to print it. Is there in any of your plans to add funcionality of controlling vertical distances between lines. This funcionality you have in SetTextExtractionScaling function. That means that you have this capability already build in some parts of your code.

Please do understand this writing as a wish and not as something that prevents me of using Debenu library. It is only a bit unpleasant regarding appearance of printed text.

Regards,
Iztok Lajovic
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 21 at 8:27PM
the easiest step as a sample:
put a <b> before your string and </b> behind and use the draw function and the text will be bold.
Have look into the reference and be informed about the html-subset you can use for your needs.

Cheers,
Ingo

Iztok Lajovic View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iztok Lajovic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 21 at 11:19AM
Hi Ingo,
thank you for your reply and advice
Regards,
Iztok
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic