Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

change the "resulution" the pdf are been read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: change the "resulution" the pdf are been read
    Posted: 08 May 19 at 3:08PM
hi in continuation to our emails, i have noticed that

with Debenu latest library been used with a wrapper into a .net project:

1)you read the pdf with a resolution of 254dpi and the coordinates you produce are pixel points for an image exactly with a 254dpi resolution. i tested this by saving the pdf with your library to tiff in various resolutions and carefully locating the coordinate points untill i reached the 254 and it was on spot.

2)so because i need to have slightly different resolution coordinates, do you have an option to read text from pdf in another user defined resolution? like 300dpi. i know technically there is no "dpi" in pdfs but cleary when you "read" the pdf you parse it with some kind of resolution parameters that gives you specific pdf SIZE , demensions, and coordinates. i need to change that.

regards

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 19 at 6:44PM
Hi Johnny,

this here is a forum from users for users.
There are many functions which have influences on dimensions and resolutions of the final pdf-output.
Here you'll find the online reference:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/FunctionGroups.php
Here you'll find the developer guide:
http://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/help/developer-guide/
This is a good starting point for gathering first experiences with QuickPDF:
http://www.quickpdf.org/
The publisher pages you can find here:
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

johnny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 11:39AM
hi, well where is then the "support" forum?i paid support fees for the company to provide support :/
and they never send me the proper url when i ned to post my problems

but since we are here and i thank you for your kind reply
i am using the GetPageText(3)to get cordinates and i have seen nothing regarding DPI :/
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 11:54AM
Hi,

GetPageText gathered text content from existing pdf-documents.
Using the right option you'll get the font properties as well - don't know what dpi could have to do with this functionality ;-)
You've paid for support - not a support forum ;-)
Here you can post all your questions:
https://www.debenu.com/support/contact/
If you still wanna know something about resolution and dpi you can post both search words here and you'll get a lot to read:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/Search.php

Cheers,
Ingo

johnny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 12:04PM
when you get the coordinates the coordinates are been given to you somehow deciding what are teh sizes of the pdf, and according to those 4 points it starts givving you the X,Y 4 cordinates.

for example as i mentioned in my 1st post, i take the word "Invoice"
that returns a set of 4 cordinates.
now if want to verify those cordinates "visually" somehow what i do (because thats what an official developer also did for me few days ago and then they jsut stopped emailing)
was to extract that same pdf to an image. lets say Tiff. and that image get extracted in 254dpi resolution

then and only then if i open that image in a paint app, i take teh coordinates that the GetPageText(3) gave me, and find the point on that image. and those point give me a perfect shape around the word "Invoice".

if i extract the pdf to tiff 300dpi, those GetPageText(3) coordinate are nowhere near in that new image the word "invoice" obviously.

because of an existing application we are using the library to export a pdf already in 300dpi and all customers work like that for years, now that i want to get the text directly from the pdf (because untill now it was PDF > TIFF >OCR the tiff) i want to use the coordinates the GetPageText(3) give me in our existing TIFF image (for some other reasons no need to go deep now here), but those coordinate ofcourse do not match, because the GetPageText(3) extracts the text "like if is scanning the pdf at 254dpi" and when trying to apply 254dpi coordinate in a 300dpi image is ofource out of place.

so i am looking for a way to "tell teh GetPageText(3)" hey, extract the text from here this pdf but read it as a pdf 300dpi not the default mechanism you have which is 254, so that your coordinates will be different than the one you give me now"

i hope is more clear now what and why. :)

johnny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 12:15PM
p.s the http://tickets.foxitsoftware.com/create.php
keep returning me to my profile and asks for update of my info. which are already updated....
so so angry with the "official" support ..... 
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 1:19PM
I am not exactly clear what the problem is from your description, but it seems that you are used to seeing the PDF (which has no concept of DPI, only its page size) scaled for display on a 300 dpi printer page although its actual page size is not that of the printed page.  In which case, why can your application not simply take the eight returned coordinate values and scale each of them by the appropriate ratio before using them?  

As an alternative you could 'capture' each page and re-insert it with a new page size as the dimensions of your printer page at 300dpi, before getting the text. Then the text coordinates should match what you expect; but messing about with CapturePage and DrawCapturedPage (and their documented restrictions) sounds more complicated to me than a trivial rescale of the returned text coordinates.

If I have misunderstood what you are trying to do, apologies!
johnny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 1:28PM
techically yes there is no dpi to pdfs
I don't use any printer...but the terminology is been used Mostly by everyone wrong and dpi now stands for dots in pixels and not actual paper.

but your ideas is what i also tried.
not number 2 because... yeah sounds too much and risky...
but mostly the number 1

if for example my coordinates in a gettext fro pdf is

384pixels and 177pixels
when i try to scale them to 300"dpi"
i get numbers sometimes close to the proper "region" of the text i am looking for but not exactly right! never. amd I don't know why.

Maybe my calculations are wrong?
how would you "scale" those numbers to 300dpi?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 2:42PM
BTW: Regarding pdf documents we#re speaking about psunits and not dpi ;-)
The other point: You should do it like TFrost suggests already. Do it yourself and post the routine here in the samples section - so other users have an additional benefit.
For scaling you need a factor.
Take your image with 254 dpi into an image app and look at the dimensions - then change the dpi-value up to 300... save and look again on the dimensions.
I think then you can calculate the scaling factor?

Oh... perhaps here could be something for you?
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/RenderingAndPrinting.php
Functions like GetRenderScale and SetRenderScale could be interesting for you?

BTW: Your meaning about the poor support... Please don't forget what you've paid and what large bunch of functionalities you've got ;-)

Edited by Ingo - 09 May 19 at 2:44PM
Cheers,
Ingo

johnny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 2:47PM
ingo just to close the topic of "poor support" 
i paid 1 license and i still pay for a decade (my company does) and this year they asked an extra fee per year for replying to emails and technical questions because "things changed in the sales department and the website is not updated yet" as they said. so when i pay extra i expected extra! for the functionalities i got i have already paid enough. please do not "defend" them, probably you dont know our current situation.

i dont want to talk more about this i am focusing on my actually problem right now and not their sales department mess.Thumbs Down
johnny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 19 at 2:58PM
anyway thanks all, i am with a developer of the company now in touch and i hope i get some answers, because my scaling doesnt work and if i can avoid scaling all together even better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic