Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyway to insert RTF text into a PDF?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyway to insert RTF text into a PDF?
    Posted: 21 Aug 15 at 5:49PM
I would like to insert RTF text into a PDF including the text size and font information that would be in the RTF.  When I create a document for a customer I want them to provide an RTF file with their current return address that I read then write into the PDF in the upper left corner and again where the return address will fit in a windowed envelope.  I don't see a DrawRTFText command.

I tried converting the text to HTML and that works to the extent that the text appears on the document but it doesn't pick up the fonts or text size from the HTML and that's kind of the thing I need this to do.

Any ideas?

Bob

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 15 at 10:34PM
Hi Bob,

i've tried the advanced search option (right, above ;-)
and found these interesting threads for you:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/convert-rtf-to-pdf_topic1266.html
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/rtf-to-pdf_topic3007_post12110.html?KW=rtf+pdf#12110

Cheers,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

BobW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 15 at 4:31PM
I saw those, but that's not what I'm looking for.  I'd like to see a DrawRTFText command that interprets the typeface name, size, color, etc. and inserts that text into the document from an RTF string.  I think what I will do instead is create a JPG of the RTF and use AddImageFromFile/DrawImage which will also keep the resulting file size down as I won't have to embed any fonts.

Thanks,

Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic