Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adobe Reader v7.05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adobe Reader v7.05
    Posted: 11 Dec 05 at 11:27PM
I "upgraded" today from v7.0.0 to v7.05, and was rather disapointed. The startup time seems slower (not as bad as v6). Everytime you open a PDF, it does some sort of "reading optimization" which takes a few seconds (and with a progress bar that gets in the way). Thankfully, you can turn that feature off.

Also, clicking on a web link gives you a new security warning (are you sure you want to ...) and it crashes!

Anybody else having problems?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 05 at 1:33AM
Hi Michel!
I've made the same experiences :-(
'Cause i need only a reader i've installed the Foxit Reader - Fantastic small! ...Fantastic fast!

Edited by Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 05 at 11:13AM
The only problem I've seen is occasionally when logging out of Windoze, I'll get a warning about Reader still running, and will have to manually shut it down.

Otherwise, 7.05 is the first version in which the new COM interface actually fully functions, including the Print methods.
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 05 at 10:43PM
Web links are working now (needed a reboot). Speed wise, it is a bit slower, but I'm getting used to it (lowered my expectations).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic