Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AddImage problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AddImage problem
    Posted: 08 Jan 14 at 12:11PM
Lamberto,

We are still hard at work but hope to release in the next couple of weeks.

This new version includes support for much improved transparency and shaded pattern rendering.

Andrew.
geonetwork View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geonetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 14 at 11:20AM
Hello, have you a release date for the 10.12 version?

Thanks,
Lamberto
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geonetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 13 at 3:33PM
Andrew,

thank you very much, with the beta 3 works perfectly!
Have you a release date for the "official" version 10.12?

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Lamberto
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 13 at 11:19PM
Lamberto,

The BMP is importing correctly in Debenu Quick PDF Library 10.12 Beta 3 which can be downloaded from here

http://www.debenu.com/blog/debenu-quick-pdf-library-10-12-beta-3-released.html

There was a recent issue reported in AddImageFromFile with BMP's and 10.11 that was a side effect of image optimisation.  This was fixed in the 10.12 betas.

Andrew
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 13 at 5:07PM
what about gdi+?
Cheers,
Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geonetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 13 at 2:53PM
Andrew,

we turned off DEP protection for 3rd-party apps (as suggested by Ingo) but the problem was not solved.

I confirm you that in XP there isn't any problem.

Link for image file is http://www.geonetwork.biz/img/temptree.bmp

Thanks!
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 13 at 8:11AM
Lamberto,

Can you confirm that the same image is working perfectly well with XP using both 8.13 and 10.11 ?

Ingo could be right, there could be an exception that is being called and this may not be a problem in XP but is in Server 2003.

I would need to call AddImageFromFile myself while debugging to see if an exception is being thrown.  If possible can you send me the image file.  

If the file is not something you want made public then you can create a support case by using this page and then when you have a reply you can attach the image file in an email reply and then I can see what is happening.  Please provide a link back to this forum thread so I can match it up quickly.

Andrew.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 8:49AM
Hi Lamberto,

i think this issue has to do with the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) since SP2.
Try to turn off DEP protection for 3rd-party apps and then reboot the system.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geonetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 8:41AM
Andrew, thank you for your reply.

On the same machine (with Windows Server 2003):

- same application with DebenuPDFLibrary 10.11 doesn't work
- same application with Quick PDF 8.13 13 works well

with any image. Temp directory (where the image is located) has read/write/execute permission.

Lamberto
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 6:18AM

Lamberto,

Is is a permissions problem ?  It doesn't sound like a Quick PDF Library Problem is it works on other PC's with the same image.

You could always try upgrading to 8.16 from here

http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/downloads/binaries/qp/oldversions/0816/quick_pdf_library816.exe

Andrew.
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geonetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 13 at 2:33PM
Hello,

I have a
strange problem with the functions AddImageFromFile and AddImageFromStream.
Using
Delphi XE + DebenuPDFLibrary 10.11 on two PC with Windows Server 2003 sp2, a given image is not loaded (the functions Always return zero).

Same software works well on
dozens of other PC.
Using QuickPDF 8.13 works on all machines (even on two PC with Server 2003).
Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Lamberto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic