Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Work with multiple PDFs in memory?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jslarve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Work with multiple PDFs in memory?
    Posted: 09 May 09 at 5:02PM
QuickPDF is working nicely. I have a question about how you would do a particular thing, though:

I have a "template" pdf, from which I fill in a bunch of form fields that are already on this pdf.

It's easy enough to do that, but I want to do a batch of records, each with their own form.

It's easy enough to do that too.

But I want all of the "filled" forms to be appended to the original (un-filled) form.

I can do that by just creating a whole bunch of filled pdfs and appending them at the end of my process, then delete the originals.

But I was hoping I could do this without having to create 50 PDFS on the disk.

Is that possible?

No big deal, but it woudl be nice if it could all be managed in memory.

Thank you

Jeff Slarve

Edited by jslarve - 09 May 09 at 5:03PM
Jim Sullivan View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 09 at 9:32PM
When you use QuickPDF to create a document, you use LoadFromFile, right?  That adds the PDF template to the file in memory.  Fill out that form, then use LoadFromFile to load the template again.  That will add the template as another document in the same file in memory.  Repeat as long as neccessary.

When you're done, iterate through your documents using MergeDocument to merge them one at a time.

I do this in my application but don't have access to my source right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic