Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 7 installation issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkinsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 7 installation issue
    Posted: 18 Oct 11 at 9:00PM
I have been using QuickPDF with Visual Basic 2005 for a few years with great success.  Unfortunately, I have run into an issue trying to install my software on Windows 7 machines.  VB2005 finds Interop.QuickPDFAX0717.dll and quickpdfax0717.dll as "detected dependencies", includes them in the .msi file, and appears to install the software correctly.  But when I try to generate a PDF in the software, I get a "could not load file or assembly "Interop.QuickPDFAX0717 ... The system cannot find the file specified" error.   So apparently the .dll is not being registered or installed properly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark 
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 11 at 7:55AM
Have you run the RegSvr32 command as using an user account that has Administrator rights.

Right click on the All Programs \ Accessories \ Command Prompt item in your start menu and choose run as Administrator.  Then run the regsvr32 command manually to see if this fixes your problem.
mkinsel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkinsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 11 at 7:49PM
Ok, I got the QuickPDFAX0717.dll to install correctly and found the setting in Visual Studio 2005 where you can configure the installation package builder to automatically register the .dll's as COM objects.  But now when I try to register the Interop.QuickPDFAX717.dll manually as described above, I get a "Module 'interop.quickpdfax0717.dll' was loaded, but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that 'interop.quickpdfax0717.dll' is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic