Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Viewing/Printing PDFs with dynamic date stamp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewing/Printing PDFs with dynamic date stamp
    Posted: 24 Jul 13 at 12:51AM
Hi all,

I am trying to view/print PDFs that contain javascript that displays the current date in a text box. 

With the 2.71 demo, when I preview the PDF, the date displayed is the original creation date - it does not update to the current date. 

In VB, I used QuickPDF to hard code the date in the javascript, but it still does displays the old date with the demo.  Adobe will display the new date.

I'm using GetPageJavaScript to get the original javascript with the date function, replacing the date function with today's date, then using PageJavascriptAction to replace the original javascript.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
-Jean Fields

Edit:  Here is a PDF that has a date stamp similar to ours

Edited by jfields - 24 Jul 13 at 4:33PM
jfields View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 13 at 9:39PM
Hi all,

I found a solution, I left the javascript alone and updated the form field values and that worked.  Which is a better solution overall since it leaves the dynamic date stamp intact in the PDF file.

Thanks,
Jean
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 13 at 11:44AM
Jean,

Debenu Quick PDF Library currently doesn't have a Javascript engine to update the formfields so your workaround is the best option for now.

Andrew.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic