Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Use dll in Visual studio C#

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Use dll in Visual studio C#
    Posted: 31 Oct 07 at 9:33AM
How do I use the iSEDQuickPDF.dll in Visual Studio 2005?

When I try to add a reference to it I get this error.

A reference to 'C:\iSed\iSEDQuickPDF.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

I thought the dll might need regestiring , but that resulted in this error.

iSEDQuickPDF.dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.

---
Added:

I found an old pdf with Tutorials
Using iSEDQuickPDF with C#
It tells me to make a wrapper

If you would rather use the DLL version of iSEDQuickPDF, find the iSED0433DotNet.cs file in the DLL .zip distribution. Compile
it into a managed code library:
csc /t:library /out:SEDTech.iSED.dll iSQP0433DotNet.cs

Where can I find the cs file?

Edited by amble - 31 Oct 07 at 9:43AM
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 07 at 11:07AM
I don't know much about C#, but maybe you should try the ActiveX version (iSED.dll), which will have an entry point, and must be registered.
marian_pascalau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 07 at 4:08PM
iSQDQuickPDF.DLL is not a COM server and you cannot add reference to this DLL (Interop Assembly). The only way to work with this DLL is using function prototypes with DLLImport attribute.

To use Interop DLL (this is the recommended way to use QuickPDF) you have to use the iSED.DLL. Register this file as COM Server and add a new COM Reference.

Best regards, Marian
amble View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 07 at 4:04AM
Thank you both marian and chicks.
I got it to work using iSED.dll
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic